Thanks, Troy. The Queen of Spades is definitely a nasty piece of work, and her TORTURE LOCK is one of the most potent Finishers in my OWL fed. Of course, there are only nine other ladies in OWL...for now.
Last Edit: Jun 11, 2018 20:44:44 GMT -5 by heritage
Really like the characters you created! Nice art. They seem to fit with the Sisters of the Stars! Fun action, hope you can keep it going & continue creating fun characters! 👍
Thanks! The art I am using is largely drawn from an artist named Garrett Blair, though I have a few other pieces I am using, including some repurposed CotG art. I am having a lot of fun with OWL, and will pick it up again when I am back from Indiana.
When we last visited the Omega Wrestling League...
...The fourth-generation rookie Nova (Omega's great-granddaughter) had come out of nowhere to finish second in the Round Robin tournament and win the OWL Title in the Championship Match, beating a frustrated Leviathan in back-to-back matches to earn the gold.
...Number One Contender Amber was well on her A-List way to a face turn, thanks primarily to her burgeoning feud with the Queen of Hearts, Ecstasy, and her newly-emergent partner Agony--the Queen of Spades.
...Bastet, daughter of the legendary Aethran defector Wolf, found herself outnumbered in her feud with the Aethran Valkyries, as Heat had been joined by Strike. An Aethran tag team led to much speculation regarding the establishment of a OWL Tag Team Championship.
...Ambrosia, the villainous granddaughter of GWF Founder Omega (via his illegitimate son, had begun to have her problems with the Valkyries as well, leading to speculation that she might be finding herself a tag team partner, and possibly turning babyface for the first time in her career.
What does Year Two have in store for the OWL? Stay tuned to find out!
OWL Episode 10 01.14.2116 from Deimos Interplanetary Sports Arena
- Non-Title Match - Nova vs. Leviathan Leviathan defeated Nova with a count out at 13:43 Match Rating: 2.00 Match Notes: Leviathan had been losing her cool in interviews after her successive losses to the rookie champion, Nova, and this match had huge repercussions regarding Leviathan's future aspirations for the title. The match was hard fought, and Nova nearly pulled out a third consecutive win several times, including a near-pinfall after a STELLAR CONVERTER that saw Leviathan reach the bottom rope to force a break, then pull herself out to the floor. When Nova followed, apparently to check on her friend and opponent, Leviathan lost her cool and kicked the OWL Champion in the stomach, then power bombed her onto the arena floor. Nova was unable to answer the referee's ten count, and ultimately lost the match after Leviathan made her way back into the ring.
- On the floor... - After the match was over, as Leviathan caught her breath and regained her composure, she rolled out of the ring to check on the champion. While she helped Nova to her feet, the lights flickered and went out, and an electronically distorted voice declared, "I'm coming for you..." Abruptly, the jumbotron activated and showed a cheering crowd while a nameless announcer called out, "The winner...and NEW GWF Women's Champion..." Unfortunately, the video faded out before a name was announced and the lights flickered back to life, leaving everyone confused.
Bastet vs. Strike Bastet defeated Strike with a disqualification at 5:50 Match Rating: 1.00 Match Notes: Bast dominated the first few minutes of this match, and was about to clamp on the SAVAGE FACE CLAW when Heat (who had accompanied her Valkyrie partner to ringside) dragged the referee out of the ring to stop the match, drawing a DQ.
- Tag Team Match - The Queendom vs. and Amber, Dallas Ecstasy defeated Amber with a HEARTBREAKER at 6:15 Match Rating: 0.50 Match Notes: Teaming for the first time, Amber and Dallas were easy prey for the Queendom, with Ecstasy pinning Amber after her HEARTBREAKER.
- In the ring... - After the match was over, Ecstasy tossed the referee out of the ring while Agony jumped Dallas from behind, laying into her with punches and elbows. Meanwhile, Ecstasy scraped Amber off the mat and hit her HEARTBREAKER three more times, leaving the A-Lister laying in the ring alongside her battered partner. OMEGA security finally rushed the ring and ushered the Queendom to the back, but the damage had already been done.
OWL Episode 11 01.23.2116 from Deimos Interplanetary Sports Arena
- Non-Title Match - Nova vs. Agony Agony defeated Nova with a TORTURE LOCK at 19:02 Match Rating: 1.50 Match Notes: What started out as an evenly-contested match gradually began to turn Nova's way, until she could hit her STELLAR CONVERTER and make the cover. Unfortunately, Ecstasy (who had accompanied Agony to ringside) had the referee tied up, so no count was made. The OWL Champion grabbed hold of the front of Ecstasy's singlet, but Agony charged from behind and hit the champ with a knee to the back. Nova never recovered, and ultimately fell prey to the TORTURE LOCK and was forced to submit.
- On the Jumbotron... - While the referee and an OMEGA medical trainer tended to Nova, the lights flickered and dimmed. A distorted silhouette appeared on the big screen and announced, in the same electronically altered voice, "I'm coming for you..." The silhouette gave way to a cheering crowd, and an announcer declared, "The winner, and NEW CPWA WOMEN'S CHAMPION..." then faded to silence as the lights came back up.
Dallas vs. Ecstasy Dallas defeated Ecstasy with a count out at 17:04 Match Rating: 2.00 Match Notes: This wasn't a match so much as a massacre. Dallas jumped on her opponent right at the opening bell and never let up, tossing her around the ring like a rag doll. Dallas hit a huge LARIAT, but Agony (who had accompanied Ecstasy to ringside) dragged her partner out of the ring and half-carried her to the back, giving the cowgirl a cheap count out victory.
The Valkyries vs. Bastet and Leviathan Bastet defeated Strike with a DQ at 5:44 Match Rating: 1.00 Match Notes: After several minutes of hard-hitting action, Bastet and Leviathan earned a disqualification victory against the Valkyries when Strike dented a steel chair over Bastet's head, opening up a jagged cut. Bastet went down like a stone as Leviathan knocked the chair out of Strike's hands...but it was still a two-on-one assault, and she quickly fell prey to the Valkyries. Before any serious harm could be inflicted, Ambrosia hobbled out on crutches, leading a young, pale girl dressed in old school Goth clothing. The two of them made their way into the ring (Ambrosia having some difficulty), and stood beside Leviathan. The Valkyries did not seem concerned, but--not knowing what to make of the newcomer--chose to withdraw rather than pursuing the fight.
Another grappler made her first appearance, so it's time to meet LACRIMOSA (5'2", 114 lbs., Callisto Colony). She is best described as a little Goth, a little Emo, a few tattoos, and a lot of bad attitude wrapped up in one nineteen-year-old package. Ambrosia found her on the streets of Callisto's capital city, fighting off gang members and law enforcement officials alike as she fought, stole, and clawed her way to survival on the unforgiving streets. Lacrimosa was lured away from Callisto's underground fight club by Ambrosia's promise of money, regular meals, and a roof over her head every night. She is not a highly technical wrestler, but puts her opponents away with the EXSANGUINATION, a rear naked choke/body scissors combo. Lacrimosa comes to the ring to Ambrosia's them music, Feed the Flame, while they work together as the tag team called Absolution.
Last Edit: Aug 10, 2018 14:18:40 GMT -5 by heritage