Post by mwjergs on Jul 21, 2019 21:36:46 GMT -5
July 22, 2018
Bel Air, Maryland
In Ring: (Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin - The World's Greatest Tag Team, walk out before the show starts)
CH: Make no mistake about it. The world's greatest tag team to ever grace the center of a wrestling ring is here in front of all you geeks. Get your phones out and start taking your photos now though because I can't see us staying very long. I mean what team could this second rate promotion be able to hire to hold any challenge for us? The answer is no one. Nobody.
SB: We've been all over the world and we've wrestled in front of thousands and proven just how good we are. Charlie we may need to fire our agent because this building is hardly worthy of a pair of professionals such as ourselves.
(Walking out from the back are two huge figures in Beer City Bruiser and Brian Milonas.)
BBC: Hey. It's closing time boys. We need to get this first show underway and no one came to hear you talk.
BM: So as the saying goes you don't have to go home but you can't stay here.
CH: Oh really and you two tubs of goo are going to make us?!?
BBC: Ring the bell and let's get a referee in here. Let's fight!
1) The World's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) beat The Bouncers (Beer City Bruiser & Brian Milonas) by Disqualification when Milonas cracked Benjamin with a steel chair in 7:55.
-The larger team got fed up with constant double teams and underhanded tactics. Milonas tossed Benjamin to the floor and intercepted Haas as he tossed his partner a chair. He swung away and the ref called for the bell. WGTT soon fled the scene as The Bouncers said that the show could resume.
2) "Dutch Destroyer" Tommy End Drew with "Prince of Queens" Brian Myers in 15:00.
-An exciting back and forth match that saw Myers slammed face first into the buckle and a spin kick that almost had him out. He was able to put his leg on the ropes to avoid the three and the bell rang signaling the time had elapsed.
3) Austin Theory defeated DJZ with Brain Dog in 3:40.
-DJZ was looking to shake hands but Theory offered his hand but kicked him low instead. The youngster carried this momentum to a quick win.
4) The Kingdom (Matt Taven & Michael Bennett) (w/Maria Kanellis) beat Moustache Mountain (Tyler Bate & Trent Seven) when Taven pinned Bate with Climax in 11:09.
-Dirty tactics changed the course of this match as the young Brits were in command until Maria distracted the official. Taven was able to turn the tide and hit his finisher for the win.
5) "Double A" Austin Aries defeated Jerry Lynn with Horns of Aries in 12:25.
-An excellent back and forth match. Lynn could not escape the submission hold and was forced to tap out.
6) So Cal Uncensored (Kazarian & Scorpio Sky) (w/Christopher Daniels) defeated Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) when Sky pinned Koslov with Big Fat Kill in 8:28.
-So Cal rallied behind the crowd to isolate Koslov and work him over. Romero was sent to the floor by Kaz with a Shining Wizard and Sky finished off the Russian in the center of the ring.
-Triangle Match- -Main Event-
7) Adam Cole defeated "King of Bros" Matt Riddle & "Limitless" Keith Lee when Cole pinned Riddle with a Panama Sunrise in 18:45.
-A thrilling main event. Cole was able to get the win after Lee hit a Ground Zero on Riddle. He superkicked the back of his head and then hit his flipping piledriver to secure the victory.