The stakes just got raised for Survivor Series as the night afterward there will be a draft between RAW and Smackdown to determine which brand each of the 8 newly signed women will be assigned! In addition to all the survivors in the match receiving future title shots per Survivor Series tradition, the winning brand in the match between RAW General Manager Joe Blanchard's team and Smackdown General Manager Angelo Poffo's team will also get to pick first in the womens' draft!
Since the womens' draft occurs the night after Survivor Series which includes an elimination match among all 9 women on the VWF roster for the newly-reinstated Ladies Championship, the new Ladies Champion will likely be the first pick in the draft- unless it is Trish Stratus who is already on the RAW roster and not included in the draft. Thus it is possible RAW could have both Stratus and the new Ladies Champion (provided it is someone other than Stratus) unless Poffo's team is victorious at Survivor Series.
The final episode of Smackdown before Survivor Series!:
Vegas Wrestling Federation (VWF) Smackdown #15 November 14th, Year 1
- commentators: Matt Striker and Larry Zbyszko
Match #1: Gorgeous George defeated Diamond Dallas Page
- George won thanks to interference from his valet
- as a result, George wins the final spot on Smackdown's Intercontinental Championship team at this weekend's Survivor Series while DDP instead gets a spot on Smackdown General Manager Angelo Poffo's team at Survivor Series.
- Poffo's Office: Scott Casey is informed he will be Smackdown's representative in the preshow match this weekend at Survivor Series aganst RAW's Jim Brunzell.
Match #2: King Kong Bundy, Exotic Adrian Street, and Redd Dogg defeated Johnny Mantell and Sinn Bodhi in a first 3 falls five way match
- the stipulations for this match were the first 3 wrestlers to score pinfalls or submissions would earn the final 3 spots on Poffo's team for Survivor Series.
- Dogg pinned Street via driving forearm smash
- Bundy pinned Street via ATLANTIC CITY AVALANCHE
- Street defeated Mantell via LONDON BRIDGE LEGLOCK
- as a result, Dogg, Bundy, and Street all win the final spots on Poffo's team at Survivor Series
- afterward, it was announced that Mantell and Bodhi woukd instead get the 2 Smackdown spots in the Vegas traditional opening 4 way elimination match at Survivor Series
Backstage: World Champion Tully Blanchard, accompanied by JJ Dilon, approaches Intercontinental Champion Harley Race.
- Blanchard offers Race (who was once one of the original Four Horsemen along with Buddy Rogers, Johnny Valentine, and Greg Valentine) a chance to rejoin the Horsemen.
- Race said he would have to consider it but also warns Blanchard that, regardless of his answer, once he (Race) survives at Survvior Series he plans to use his resulting title shot to go after Blanchard's World Championship!
Match #3: Buddy Rogers (accompanied by Johnny Valentine) defeated Boogie Woogie Man
- This match was part of the Smackdown Survivor Series team vs Smackdown Survivor Series team series as Rogers is on the World Championship team and the Boogie Woogie Man is on the Intercontinental Championship team.
- Rogers won via his FIGURE FOUR GRAPEVINE
Survivor Series presented by VWF's RAW and Smackdown brands November 18, Year 1 T-Mobile Arena Las Vegas, NV 1. VWF Champion Randy Savage, Lou Thesz, Barry Windham, Rob Van Dam, and Stan Hansen vs World Champion Tully Blanchard, Buddy Rogers, Johnny Valentine, Jimmy Snuka, and Bruiser Brody (elimination match) 2. United States Champion Bobo Brazil, Blackjack Mulligan, Curt Hennig, Ivan Koloff, and Johnny Saint vs Intercontinental Champion Harley Race, Magnum TA, Boogie Woogie Man, Brian Christopher, and Gorgeous George (elimination match) 3. VWF Tag Team Champions Road Warriors, Midnight Express, Armstrongs, Valiants, and Dream Team vs World Tag Team Champions Miracle Violence Connection, Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff, Rock N' Roll Express, Vachons, and Fantastics (elimination match) 4. Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Bryan Danielson vs "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and Larry "The Axe" Hennig (elimination match) 5. RAW General Manager Joe Blanchard, "The Rocker" Marty Jannetty, Pampero Firpo, Lenny Lane, and Scott Taylor vs Smackdown General Manager Angelo Poffo, Diamond Dallas Page, King Kong Bundy, Exotic Adrian Street, and Redd Dogg (elimination match) 6. Ladies Championship: Trish Stratus vs Sherri Martel vs Jazz vs Rockin Robin vs Nora Greenwald vs Leilani Kai vs Judy Martin vs Tina Moretti vs Princess Victoria 7. Sam Houston vs Boris Zhukov vs Johnny Mantell vs Sinn Bodhi (Vegas traditional opening 4 way elimination match) Preshow: Jim Brunzell vs Scott Casey
Match #4: Bruiser Brody and Jimmy Snuka defeated the Vachons by DQ , - This match was part of the Smackdown Survivor Series team vs Smackdown Survivor Series team series as Brody and Snuka are both on the World Championship team and the Vachons are on the World Tag Team Championship team.
- This match ended in DQ when Mad Dog Vachon smashed Snuka with a steel chair.
End of Show. See you this weekend at Survivor Series!
Survivor Series presented by VWF's RAW and Smackdown brands November 18, Year 1 T-Mobile Arena Las Vegas, NV (First Third of show)
- commentators: Matt Striker and Larry Zbyszko
Preshow Match: "Cowboy" Scott Casey defeated "Jumping" Jim Brunzell
- Brunzell controlled most of the match but Casey got s reversal followed quickly by a reverse neckbreaker to pick up the impressive victory for Smackdown
Match #1: Johnny Mantell defeated Sam Houston, Boris Zhukov, and Sinn Bodhi in a Vegas traditional opening 4 way elimination match
- Bodhi eliminated Houston via TALLULAH BELLE
- Mantell pinned Bodhi via RUSSIAN LEG SWEEP
- Mantell put away Zhukov via Texas Tumbleweed
- as a result, Mantell (who recently had a World Championship title match at No Mercy) now has a #1 contender's match secured for the Intercontinental Championship!
Match #2: Trish Stratus defeated Sherri Martell, Rockin Robin, Jazz, Leilani Kai, Judy Martin, Nora Greenwald, Tina Moretti, and Princess Victoria in an elimination match for the Ladies Championship
- this match was for the newly-reinstated Ladies Championship
- Moretti pinned Victoria via JUMPING FACEBUSTER
- Moretti pinned Kai via a Flapjack
- Martin pinned Greenwald via POWERBOMB
- Robin pinned Martel via a power slam
- Martin pinned Robin via POWER BOMB
- Stratus put away Martin via STRATUSFACTION
- Stratus pinned Jazz via Air Canada
- as a result, Trish Stratus is the Ladies Champion!
- as Stratus gets her hand raised in victory, Striker and Zbyszko comment that since Stratus is already on RAW that a victory by RAW General manager Joe Blanchard's team today would mean RAW would get both the Ladies Champion and the first pick of tomorrow's ladies draft being held to assign the 8 new women wrestlers to either RAW or Smackdown.
Match #3: RAW General Manager Joe Blanchard, "The Rocker" Marty Jannetty, Pampero Firpo (managed by Rock Riddle,) Lenny Lane, and Scott Taylor defeated Smackdown General Manager Angelo Poffo, Diamond Dallas Page, King Kong Bundy, Exotic Adrian Street, and Redd Dogg in a Survivor Series elimination match
- Taylor pinned Poffo via a DDT really early to stun the Smackdown team
- Bundy pinned Lane via ATLANTIC CITY AVALANCHE to even the score for Smackdown
- DDP pinned Firpo via DIAMOND CUTTER
- Bundy pinned Taylor via ATLANTIC CITY AVALANCHE to give Smackdown a 4 on 2 advantage
- Jannetty pinned Dogg via a superkick
- Blanchard put away Street via ABDOMINAL STRETCH
- Blanchard put away DDP via ABDOMINAL STRETCH
- Blanchard tapped out Bundy via a Boston Crab
- Survivors: RAW General Manager Joe Blanchard and "The Rocker" Marty Jannetty
- as a result of surviving a Survivor Series elimination match, both Blanchard and Jannetty receive future title shots
- afterward, accompanied by JJ Dillon, World Champion Tully Blanchard appeared in the ring and, despite saying he often does not see eye to eye with Joe, congratulated Joe (who socred the last 3 eliminations for his team) on winning a future title shot and said perhaps this means soon Blanchards will be the main champions on both RAW and Smackdown. Joe Blanchard shook Tully's hand and said someday they need to have a match to determine who is the better Blanchard.
Survivor Series presented by VWF's RAW and Smackdown brands November 18, Year 1 T-Mobile Arena Las Vegas, NV (Second Third of show, First Third is posted above)
Match #4: Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Bryan Danielson defeated VWF Chairman of the Board "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and Larry "The Axe" Hennig in an elimination match
- DiBiase eliminated Danielson via COBRA CLUTCH
- DiBiase was DQd for using a roll of silver dollars on his enemy Duggan
- Duggan pinned Hennig via FLYING SPEAR
- Survivor: Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Match #5: VWF Tag Team Champions Road Warriors, Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton and Dennis Condrey, both managed by Jim Cornette,) Valiants, Dream Team, and the Armstrongs defeated World Tag Team Champions Miracle Violence Connection, Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff (both managed by Shawn Daivari,) Rock N' Roll Express, Vachons, and Fantastics in a Survivor Series elimination match
- Tommy Rogers pinned Brad Armstrong after PRESS SLAM/SPLASH
- Ricky Morton pinned Jimmy Valiant via DOUBLE DROPKICK
- Dennis Condrey pinned Butcher Vachon after ROCKET LAUNCHER
- Greg Valentine tapped out Morton via FIGURE FOUR LEGLOCK after the Sheepherders got involved and attacked Morton.
- Iron Sheik put away Valentine via abdonimal stretch
- Eaton put away "Dr. Death" Steve Williams after MIDNIGHT MASSACRE
- Eaton got DQd for using Cornette's tennis racket on Volkoff
- Road Warrior Hawk pinned Tommy Rogers after the DOOMSDAY DEVICE
- Road Warrior Hawk pinned Volkoff after the DOOMSDAY DEVICE
Survivor Series presented by VWF's RAW and Smackdown brands November 18, Year 1 T-Mobile Arena Las Vegas, NV (Final Third of show, First Third and Second Third are both posted above)
Match #6: United States Champion Bobo Brazil, Blackjack Mulligan, Curt Hennig, Ivan Koloff, and Johnny Saint defeated Intercontinental Champion Harley Race, Magnum TA, Boogie Woogie Man, Brian Christopher, and Gorgeous George in a Survivor Series elimination match
- Koloff pinned Christopher via RUSSIAN SICKLE
- Magnum TA pinned Brazil via BELLY TO BELLY SUPLEX
- Koloff pinned his old enemy Magnum TA via RUSSIAN SICKLE
- Hennig pinned George via HENNIG PLEX
- Race pinned Koloff via PILEDRIVER
- Saint defeated Boogie Woogie Man via THREE IN ONE
- Race pinned Saint via PILEDRIVER
- Mulligan made Race pass out to BLACKJACK CLAW
- Survivors: Blackjack Mulligan and Curt Hennig
- As a result, both Mulligan and Hennig earn title shots and (as Striker and Zbyszko point out,) if they choose to challenge Brazil for the United States Championship, they will not first have to win a non-title match as Brazil did not survive this match.
Pay Per View Weekend: TLC- Tables, Ladders, and Chairs the final PPVs to end Year 1! presented by RAW and Smackdown December 22-23, Year 1
Backstage: Smackdown General Manager Angelo Poffo approaches VWF Champion Randy Savage who is getting ready for his match.
- Poffo tells Savage good luck and to watch his back because his tag partners in tonight's elimination match benefit by winning but even more so if they win and Savage is not among the survivors as shown in the last match with United States Champion Bobo Brazil.
- Savage tells Poffo he will keep his advice in mind but (while gesturing toward the VWF Championship around his waist) also says Poffo should have drafted him in the VWF Draft last July when he had the chance.
Match #7: VWF Champion Randy Savage, Lou Thesz, Rob Van Dam, Barry Windham, and Stan Hansen defeated World Champion Tully Blanchard, Buddy Rogers, Johnny Valentine (all managed by JJ Dillon,) Bruiser Brody, and Jimmy Snuka in a Survivor Series elimination match
- RVD got DQd for using VAN TERMINATOR against Rogers
- Hansen pinned Blanchard via LARIAT. Striker, Zbyszko, and the crowd react in shock as Hansen just pinned the current World Champion who is just the 2nd elimination of this match! Blanchard reacted irate and accused the Horsemens's enemies Brody and Snuka of not attempting to make a pin save for him. Before departing, Blanchard ws seen giving instructions to Rogers and Valentine which appeared tellig them to make sure Brody and Snuka are not among the survivors of this match.
- when the action resumed, the much anticipated faceoff between Hansen and Brody occurred for the first time in a VWF ring since Hansen signed with the VWF
- Hansen and Brody brawled out of the ring where Valentine threw Brody a steel chair which Brody instinctively caught and used to smash Hansen in the head to get DQd. Snuka accused Valentine of intentionally getting Brody DQd by throwing him the chair yet the match resumed.
- Savage pinned Valentine via FLYING ELBOW SMASH. As a result, Rogers was left with just his enemy Snuka as a tag partner against 4 opponent on the other side.
- Thesz pinned his former friend and tag partner Rogers via GRECO-ROMAN BACKDROP.
- Dillon left the ring with Rogers telling Snuka "you're on your own"
- during the next fall, Hansen got mad at Barry Windham for making a pin save for their teammate Savage
- Thesz got counted out after kicking out of 2 SUPERFLY LEAPS but then rolling out of the ring and being unable to get back up and into the ring to beat the referee's 10 count. Hansen was in the vicinity and apparently could have thrown Thesz back into the ring to keep him in the match but did not do so.
- Savage pinned Snuka via FLYING ELBOW SMASH after a spirited battle between them. Afterward, Savage offered Snuka his hand as a sign of respect and Snuka accepted it.
Survivors: VWF Champion Randy Savage, Barry Windham, and Stan Hansen
- as a result, Windham and Hansen (who remains undefeated in the VWF) both earn title shots but if they want to challenge Savage they will first have to defeat him in a non-title match since Savage also survived this match.
- as they got their hands raised in victory, Hansen suddenly turned on Windham (less than 1 week after they together defeated the VWF Tag Team Champions Road Warriors in a non-title match on RAW) and hits him with a LARIAT to end the show.
It is now time for the 1st RAW following yesterday's Survivor Series PPV featuring the VWF Ladies Draft!
Vegas Wrestling Federation (VWF) RAW #48 November 20th, Year 1
commentators: Matt Striker and Larry Zbyszko
In the Ring: RAW General Manager Joe Blanchard and Smackdown General Manager Angelo Poffo.
- Blanchard and Poffo make their picks of the VWF Ladies Draft for the RAW and Smackdown brands respectively:
- RAW selects Jazz - Smackdown selects Sherri Martel - RAW selects Nora Greenwald - Smackdown selects Rockin Robin - RAW selects Tina Moretti - Smackdown selects Leilani Kai - RAW selects Judy Martin - Smackdown selects Princess Victoria
VWF Ladies rosters
RAW Ladies Champion Trish Stratus (already on roster prior to the draft) Jazz Nora Greenwald Tina Moretti Judy Martin
Smackdown Sherri Martel Rockin Robin Leilani Kai Princess Victoria
- Striker and Zbyszko commentary notes: a surprise by RAW with the first pick of selecting Jazz over 3 times Ladies Champion Sherri Martel but Jazz was the final wrestler eliminated in the Ladies Championship match yesterday at Survivor Series and Blanchard apparently saw something he liked in Jazz. To balance out the female portion of the rosters, Smackdown is guaranteed that the next female talent signed to the VWF will be assigned to Smackdown.