This week on RAW is the start of the VWE Tag Team Championship Tournament to determine the first-ever VWE Tag Team Champions!
Vegas Wrestling Entertainment (VWE) RAW #7 February 6, Year 1
commentators: Matt Striker and Larry Zbyszko
In the Ring: Matt Striker
- Striker says it is now time to introduce the first ever and new VWE Champion Buddy Rogers
- Rogers (who won the title last week on RAW by winning the Royal Rumble) appears with the VWE Championship and brags that back in Major League Wrestling he was a 5 time MLW Champion, the last ever World Champion, and now the first ever VWE Champion!
- Rogers suddenly gets interrupted by an angry VWE Chairman the Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase who Rogers eliminated to win the Riyal Rumble after seemingly reaching some agreement with DiBiase. DiBiase tells Rogers they made a deal at the end of the Rumble where Rogers would allow DiBiase to win the match in return for DiBiase reinstating Rogers's World Championship as Rogers earlier requested at the end of RAW #2.
- Rogers says he broke the deal because he trusts DiBiase as far as he can throw him, but apparently he can throw him over the top rope as seen in last week's Royal Rumble.
- DiBiase tells Rogers in his first title defense he won't be throwing anybody over the top rope as Rogers will be defending the VWE Championship against 5 opponents in the Elimination Chamber!
Match #1: The Dream Team defeated the Road Warriors by DQ in a VWE Tag Team Championship Tournament first round match
- this first round match was also a grudge match in which the Road Warriors finally got a chance to take on their enemies the Dream Team after multiple backstage incidents between them.
- the Road Warriors dominated this match until in desperation Greg Valentine used a steel chair to smash the referee in the back and then toss the chair to Road Warrior Hawk who instinctively caught it. The referee turned around to see Hawk holding the chair and called for the bell to disqualify the Road Warriors.
- as a result, the Road Warriors, who were favored in many local sports books to win the VWE Tag Team Championship Tournament, are eliminated in the first round!
- as Valentine and Brutus Beefcake quickly hurry to the back, the Road Warriors say they are not through with the Dream Team!
DiBiase's Office: Lou Thesz enters and tells DiBiase he has a score to settle with him for giving him (Thesz) a concussion by hitting him in a sneak attack with that steel briefcase on RAW #1. DiBiase tells Thesz he should focus his attention right now instead on Gorgeous George as next week on RAW Thesz wrestles George in an Elimination Chamber qualifying match! Thesz tells DiBiase he accepts the match against George but he still has a score to settle with him in the future!
Match #2: "Macho Man" Randy Savage (accompanied by Malia Hosaka) and Diamond Dallas Page defeated Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff (both accompanied by Shawn Daivari) by DQ in a VWE Tag Team Championship Tournament first round match
- this match ended in a DQ when the action spilled out of the ring and Daivari was caught jumping on Savage's back and choking him with the Iranian flag. Hacksaw Jim Duggan then arrived and smashed Daivari in the back with his 2X4.
Backstage: Bobo Brazil is informed next week on RAW he takes on the Iron Sheik in an Elimination Chamber qualifying match.
- in the background, The Destroyer (who 2 weeks ago on RAW refused to shake Brazil's hand and went berserk when Brazil defeated him to win the final spot in the Rumble) can be seen watching Brazil in the background.
Match #3: The Taylors defeated Bruiser Brody and Jimmy Snuka by DQ in a VWE Tag Team Championship Tournament first round match
- during this match, Stryker and Zbyszko mention that the semi-finals of this tournament begin next week on RAW and the finals take place at Elimination Chamber.
- Brody and Snuka got DQd when Harley Race (who had issues with Race in the Royal Rumble) appeared and attacked Tugboat Taylor to get Brody and Snuka DQd.
Elimination Chamber February 26, Year 1 T Mobile Arena Las Vegas, NV 1. Elimination Chamber match: VWE Champion Buddy Rogers vs 5 opponents TBD 2. VWE Tag Team Championship Tournament Finals 3. more matches TBA
Match #4: Curt Hennig and Rob Van Dam defeated Harley Race (managed by Bobby Heenan) and Larry "The Axe" Hennig in a VWE Tag Team Championship Tournament first round match
- before the match started, Curt Hennig asked Larry Hennig how it felt to sell out to DiBiase and The Axe responded by attacking Curt to start the match.
- this match ended when Race got distracted by Brody suddenly appearing and taking out Heenan (whose distraction caused Brody's elimination in the Royal Rumble last week) with a big boot to face and RVD capitalized on the situation to win by pinning Race via a FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH.
- as a result, Curt Hennig and RVD advance to the next round
The two most favored teams are both eliminated in the first round?!? Wow
Dibiase might be the man in charge but he has a lot of enemies.
yeah, I was hoping for a Road Warriors vs Brody/Snuka finals based on how I set up the brackets and they both went out in the first round by DQ. It will be interesting to see which of the 4 remaining tag teams wins the tournament to become my first tag team champions.
Holy DQ Batman! While technical decisions are often frustrating as you noted they can also lead to some new or continuing angles such as what you have going on with Bruiser Brody and Harley Race-Bobby Heenan. I was bummed to see Brody & Snuka eliminated as I figured they were going to crush the Taylors but that's how the dice roll sometimes. As for the remaining teams I agree with Pariah on the finals but I will reverse the pick and go with DDP & Randy Savage to be crowned the first VWE tag champs.
World Heavyweight: Buddy Rogers World Tag Team: Midnight Express International: Exotic Adrian Street Junior Heavyweight: Marty Scurll Tex-Arkana TV: The Patriot Ring Angels: Jazz SHIMMER: Sara Del Ray SHIMMER Tag Team: Crazy Mary Dobson & Courtney Rush Heart of SHIMMER: Jordynne Grace IWA Heavyweight: Bryan Danielson IWA Tag Team: WALTER & Timothy Thatcher IWA J-Crown: Will Ospreay
This week on RAW is the start of the semi-finals of the VWE Tag Team Championship Tournament to determine the first-ever VWE Tag Team Champions and the first qualifying matches for the elimination chamber match at Elimination Chamber!
Vegas Wrestling Entertainment (VWE) Preview: RAW #8 February 13, Year 1
Randy Savage and Diamond Dallas Page vs Dream Team (semi-finals)
Lou Thesz vs Gorgeous George (elimination chamber qualifying match)
Bobo Brazil vs Iron Sheik (elimination chamber qualifying match)
Bruiser Brody vs Harley Race (elimination chamber qualifying match)
As much as I'd like to see Brody make it into the Elimination Chamber, I've gotta feeling that Race will push him to the limit and probably force his hand into getting DQ'd... Expecting Thesz and Brazil to win the other two qualifying bouts... Stellar card!