Following the EAWA Expansion Draft that took place this past week on both RAW and Smackdown, here is the updated roster for the revitalized EAWA brand:
EAWA Chairman of the Board "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase DiBiase's Cabinet: Larry "The Axe" Hennig and the Valiants EAWA General Manager Angelo Poffo Big Van Vader Shane Douglas Francine Rob Van Dam Curt Hennig Sandman Midnight Bees Texas Hangmen Iron Sheik Steve "Dr. Death" Williams Terry Gordy Vachons
In addition, EAWA expects to sign some free agents once the free agency period opens after this week's annual RAW/Smackdown Draft.
The first episode of EAWA takes place this Tuesday April 3rd!
Great to see the VWF back and with Teddy Long now in charge of the blue brand! I'm liking the look of that EAWA roster. Good stuff as always Vegas
World Heavyweight: AJ Styles World Tag Team: Rock n' Roll Express International: Tyler Black Junior Heavyweight: Marty Scurll Tex-Arkana TV: Don Leo Jonathan Empress Ring: Jazz SHIMMER: Sara Del Ray SHIMMER Tag Team: Crazy Mary Dobson & Courtney Rush Heart of SHIMMER: Jordynne Grace IWA Heavyweight: Bryan Danielson IWA Tag Team: WALTER & Timothy Thatcher IWA J-Crown: Will Ospreay
As part of the annual VWF draft between RAW and Smackdown, this week's edition of RAW will have a slightly extended running time with each of the 5 RAW draft picks from Smackdown being the mystery wrestlers in each of the night's 5 matches!
Vegas Wrestling Federation (VWF) RAW #65 April 2nd, Year 2
- commentators: Matt Striker and Larry Zbyszko
In the Ring: Sam Houston
- Houston finds out his mystery opponent and a RAW draft pick from Smackdown is- "Cowboy" Scott Casey!
Match #1: "Cowboy" Scott Casey defeated Sam Houston
- Casey won via his BULLDOG
- afterward, Houston and Casey shook hands
Backstage: RAW General Manager Joe Blanchard is with Melina and the Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane) who reunited at Vegasmania 2 after Melina and Lane turned on Tom Prichard and Eaton turned on Dennis Condrey in a RAW vs Samckdown matchup of Midnight Express (Eaton and Condrey) vs Heavenly Bodies (Prchard and Lane, managed by Melina)
- Blanchard tells Melina and the Midnight Express there was some confusion at first about what brand they would be assigned to since both Eaton and Lane changed tag team partners at Vegasmania 2 during a RAW vs Sackdown matchup but it was decided, since the Midnight Express represented RAW in that match and as Eaton and Lane are now the Midnight Express, they will be on RAW. Blanchard says since Eaton and Lane together were the most dominant tag team in MLW history with 4 World Tag Team Championship reigns and 3 US Tag Team Championship reigns, they will automatically be given a #1 contender's match next week on RAW in which the winning tag team will challenge the Road Warriors for the VWF Tag Team Championship later this month at Backlash!
- Melina (the manager of the Midnight Express as Jim Cornette is still out injured) tells Eaton and Lane they were smart to sign with her as she just got them a #1 contender's match in their first match back together.
In the Ring: "Sodbuster" Kenny Jay
- Kenny Jay finds out his mystery opponent and a RAW draft pick from Smackdown is- King Kong Bundy!
Match #2: King Kong Bundy defeated "Sodbuster" Kenny Jay by countout
- Bundy dominated and won this match when the action spilled out of the ring where he splashed Kenny Jay who was unable to return to the ring before the referee completed his 10 count.
Backstage: After commercial break, Bundy backstage is approached by his former manager Bobby Heenan. Heenan asks Bundy, since he is now on RAW, if he wants his spot in the Heenan Family back and Bundy says yes.
In the Ring: The Armstrongs
- the Armstrongs find out their mystery opponents and a RAW draft pick from Smackdown are- Gorgeously Exotic- Cruiserweight Champion Gorgeous George and Exotic Adrian Street!
- upon arriving in the ring, George says he was born to wrestle beneath the Monday Night Lights.
Match #3: Armstrongs defeated Gorgeously Exotic
- A good match but the Armstrongs ruined the RAW debut of Gorgeously Exotic as Brad Armstrong pinned George via his RUSSIAN LEG SWEEP.
Backstage: United States Champion Barry Windham is confronted by Ray Stevens and Bobby Heenan. Stevens- gestiring toward the United States Championship around Windham's waist- tells Windham he (Windham) has something he (Stevens) wants and a brawl ensues. Bobo Brazil, who lost the United States Championship to Windham at Vegasmania 2, arrives and tries to help Windham but then Bundy suddenly appears and sends Brazil through a wall with his ATLANTIC CITY AVALANCHE!
In the Ring: Hacksaw Jim Duggan
- Duggan finds out his mystery opponent and a RAW draft pick from Smackdown is- Duggan's former enemy Nikolai Volkoff!
Match #4: Hacksaw Jim Duggan defeated Nikolai Volkoff
- during this match, Duggan's current enemy Ivan Koloff was seen watching this match
- Duggan won this match via his FLYING SPEAR.
Backstage: Johnny Saint approaches Cruiserweight Champion Gorgeous George. Saint, the last one eliminated in the Vegas Traditional Opening 4 Way elimination match at Vegasmania 2 won by George for the newly-reinstated Cruiserweight Championship, informs George now that he (George) has been drafted to RAW that he (Saint) is being granted the first title shot against George at Backlash!
In the Ring: Diamond Dallas Page
- DDP finds out his mystery opponent and a RAW draft pick from Smackdown is- Jimmy Snuka!
Match #5: Diamond Dallas Page defeated Jimmy Snuka
- DDP won this match when Heenan and Nick Bockwinkel appeared and distracted Snuka allowing DDP to get the victory via his DIAMOND CUTTER.
- afterward, Heenan and Bockwinkel entered the ring where Heenan says he has not forgotten how he (Heenna) had his neck broken last year in a match involving Snuka and Bockwinkel proceeds to attack a downed Snuka. Heenan then tells Snuyka "welcome to RAW."
Vegas Wrestling Federation (VWF) Backlash presented by VWF's RAW brand April 20, Year 2 T-Mobile Arena Las Vegas, NV 1. Lou Thesz vs VWF Champion Randy Savage 2. Johnny Saint vs Cruiserweight Champion Gorgeous George 3. more matches TBA
new EAWA General Manager Joe Blanchard says the first EAWA PPV will be Hardcore Heaven on April 21st!
- At Hardcore Heaven, there will be a 4 man tournament to determine the the EAWA Champion with Big Van Vader and Shane Douglas receiving automatic spots in the tournament! The other two participants will be determined on tomorrow's edition of EAWA!
Vegas Wrestling Federation (VWF) EAWA #1 April 3rd, Year 2
- commentators: Torin Caelum and Larry Zbyszko
In the Ring: EAWA General Manager Angelo Poffo
- Poffo welcomes everyone to the rebirth of EAWA and says the first EAWA PPV will be Hardcore Heaven on April 22nd where the EAWA Champion and EAWA Tag Team Champions will be determined!
Match #1: Vachons (managed by The Sicilian) defeated the Midnight Bees in an EAWA Championship Tournament Qualifying match
- The Midnight Bees put up a good effort and almost scored the upset but the former EAWA Tag Team Champions won when Butcher Vachon pinned Mary Jannetty via QUADRUPLE DOUBLE FOOT STOMP.
- As a result, the Vachons have qualified for the EAWA Championship Tournament at Hardcore Heaven.
Backstage: Poffo signs Justin Credible to an EAWA contract.
- Justin Credible: "This is just incredible. I thought there were no free agent signings until after the annual RAW-Smackdown draft is completed this week?"
- Poffo:: "As an expansion brand, the EAWA is allowed to make a few signings early provided, like yourself, they spent time on the original incarnation of the EAWA."
Match #2: Miracle Violence Connection defeated the Texas Hangmen in an EAWA Championship Tournament Qualifying match
- Although the Texas Hangmen surprisingly came close to scoring the upset and even managed to pull off an illegal switch, the MVC won this match when Terry Gordy pinned Psycho via his POWER BOMB.
- As a result, the Miracle Violence Connection, who were the last EAWA Tag Team Champions, have qualified for the EAWA Championship Tournament at Hardcore Heaven.
Backstage: Poffo signs EAWA veteran The Crusher to an EAWA contract.
- The Crusher, who was the 1st-ever EAWA Champion and the 1st-ever Brass Knuckles Champion (a championship he held twice) informs Poffo he will be seeking the EAWA Tag Team Championship and thus become the first-ever Triple Crown winner in EAWA History.
Match #3: Iron Sheik (managed by Shawn Daivari) defeated Curt Hennig in an EAWA Championship Tournament Qualifying match
- for this match to determine his opponent in the EAWA Championship Tournament Semi-Finals at Hardcore Heaven, Shane Douglas (accompanied by Francine) provided guest color commentary. Douglas said it did not matter who won this match as either one will just lose to him in the Semi-Finals at Hardcore Heaven.
- this matchup of 2 former EAWA Champions ended when Daivari distracted Hennig who then tapped out to the CAMEL CLUTCH.
- as a result, the Iron Sheik will wrestle Shane Douglas in the Semi-Finals of the EAWA Championship Tournament at Hardcore Heaven.
Backstage: Poffo signs EAWA veteran Ox Baker to an EAWA contract.
Match #4: Rob Van Dam defeated Sadman in an EAWA Championship Tournament Qualifying match
- for this match to determine his opponent in the EAWA Championship Tournament Semi-Finals at Hardcore Heaven, Big Van Vader provided guest color commentary. Vader, however, was mostly silent during this match.
- this matchup of 2 former EAWA Champions was a really good match that ended when RVD pinned Sandman via his FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH.
- as a result, RVD will wrestle Vader in the Semi-Finals of the EAWA Championship Tournament at Hardcore Heaven.
Vegas Wrestling Federation (VWF) Hardcore Heaven presented by VWF's EAWA brand April 22, Year 2 T-Mobile Arena Las Vegas, NV 1. EAWA Championship Tournament Finals: TBD vs TBD 2. EAWA Championship Tournament Semi-Finals: Rob Van Dam vs Big Van Vader 3. EAWA Championship Tournament Semi-Finals: Shane Douglas vs Iron Sheik 4. EAWA Tag Team Championship Tournament: Vachons, Miracle Violence Connection, and 2 tag teams TBD 5. more matches TBA