At about 1:00 pm today in this thread I'm going to be posting an advertisment and opening post for the draft of a filsinger games fantasy wrestling tournament I would like to run for as many of all of you who would be interested !
My way of saying thanks to this great community of ours.
It will have official LOW wrestlers as well as some of the official Indy talent in our game.
Wanted to give a heads up so hopefully as many as possible will see this coming!
A funny thing happened on the way to The Forum...I found a whole new another family...that just keeps gettin bigger and bigger!...
This endeavor is in gratitude, appreciation, and in the spirit of friendship of and to everyone connected to or a part of this game and especially these boards - and is happily open to any and all who might be interested!!
I am trying something different (in as far as anything I have personally ever tried to run before), here.
The influences and inspirations for this are very very numerous, ranging from bookerbill 's annual tournament, to Troy 's tournaments and cruefan68 's fed with it's range and depth of roster - to just name a few of the many.
In essence this is a fantasy tournament/league where you draft a favorite wrestler from the list of official LOW & Indy wrestlers at the end of this post and your wrestler competes in a "season" (as in the National Football League) of (16) one on one matches, with the hopes of finishing the season winning one of the 6 top spots in either of the two "conferences" that your wrestler will be randomly placed in to make the "playoffs" after 16 weeks.
Gridiron Fantasy Wrestling - High Level Structure: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Two conferences (as in the NFL) but here - they will be called associations:
AWA - American Wrestling Association NWA - National Wrestling Association
2. Within each association there will be 4 territories (North, South, East & West). With ideally at least 4 wrestlers (or hopefully even more!) per territory.
3. The first objective of your wrestler will be to try to either; win his territory and become it's territory champion - or to become one of the two wild card (special attraction wrestlers) within each association. These 6 wrestlers from each association will make the "wrestleoffs" (as opposed to the "playoffs" in the NFL). From there his next steps will be as follows as per the basic playoff structure of the NFL:
4. The first round of the wrestleoffs will be the wild card (special attraction werestler) round.
5. The second round will be the territory championship round.
6. The third round will be the association championship round.
7. The fourth & final round will be the World Championship round.
The AWA & NWA association champions will square off in a 2 out of 3 fall no disqualification or count out "Super Bowl of Wrestling" match for the GFW World Championship.
8. The scoring and reporting system is going to be basically as per Pariah 's Canadian Climax Indy fed, with some slight changes:
A. The match reporting style will only consist of who beat who, specifically how they won, number of near disqualifications and what each wrestlers final fatigue was.
B. The scoring system will be the same as Pariah's: Your wrestler gets two points if he wins his match by pin or submission, one point if he wins by disqialification or count out, neither wrestler gets a point for double disqualification matches.
C. Disqualifications are rolled twice.
D. No interferences or distractions *. (But pls see the special note section at the end).
E. No Time Limit Draws.
E. Each weeks; a) match results report, b) the following weeks randomly (but with no repeat confrontations) determined schedule, c) and standings will be posted on Sunday's.
In cases where, at the end of this 16 match season, their are ties at the top of any of the 4 territories in either the AWA or NWA - The tie breaker will go to the wrestler with the least amount of near disqualifications.
Conversely In cases where, at the end of this 16 match season, their are ties at the top of any of the 2 wildcard (special attraction wrestler) spots in either the AWA or NWA - The tie breaker will go to the wrestler with the MOST amount of near disqualifications.
If any ties still remain in either scenario after these considerations, then a one match wrestle offs will be held as necessary.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the following list of wrestlers to choose from...
Adam Cole - (ROH) - (Drafted by Justin Case) Adam Pearce - (NWA HOLLYWOOD) Adrian Street A.J. Styles - (ROH) - (Drafted by Pariah) Al Snow - (Drafted by Kat Rana) Andy Dalton - (INSPIRE) Angelo Mosca Antonio Inoki - (Drafted by Walkswithwolf) Antonino Rocca Blackjack Mulligan Bobo Brazil Brodie Lee - (ROH) Bruiser Brody - (Drafted by Cruefan68) Bryan Danielson - (ROH) Buddy Rogers - (Drafted by topdollar) Chris Candido Christopher Daniels - (ROH) Claudio Castagnoli - (CHIKARA) 2 Cold Scorpio - (NAT. WRESTLING DAY) Cowboy Bob Orton Damien Martinez - (ROH) Dan Severn Davey Richards - (ROH) Diamomd Dallas Page - (CAULIFLOWER) Don Leo Jonathan Ed Strangler Lewis Eddie Gilbert Frank Gotch - (Drafted by Markoda) George Hackenschmidt Giant Baba Giant Bernard Gorgeous George Greg Valentine Hacksaw Jim Duggan Harley Race (Drafted by Joebreakdown) Homicide - (ROH) Jay Briscoe - (ROH) - (Drafted by Raven Xavier) Jay Lethal - (ROH) Jim Londos - (Drafted by Magnumta) Jimmy Snuka Joey Daddiego - (ROH) Johnny Valentine John Pesek Johnny Gargano - (EVOLVE) Jushin Liger Justin Credible Kevin Steen - (ROH) - (Drafted by Swarm) Kevin Sullivan Killer Kowalski King Kong Bundy - (Drafted by AJ Costello) Koko B. Ware Konnan Lance Hoyt - (INSPIRE) Lou Thesz - (Drafted by Troy) Mad Dog Vachon Mark Briscoe - (ROH) Matthew Cross - (OLDE WRESTLING) Michael "Unbrekable" Elgin - (ROH) Mil Mascaras Nick Bockwinkel Nikolai Volkoff One Man Gang Ox Baker Pampero Firpo - (CAULIFLOWER) Pepper Gomez Playboy Buddy Rose - (drafted by topdollar) Red Bastien Rikidozan Randy Savage - (FILSINGER STARTER) Road Warrior Hawk Rob Van Dam Roddy Piper Sabu Sami Callihan - (CZW) Ted DiBiase - (LEGENDS STARTER) The Destroyer The French Angel The Iron Sheik The Masked Superstar The Mountie The Sandman The Sheik - (Drafted by DMKII) Tiger Mask Tommy Rich Tyler Black - (ROH) Warlord William Muldoon Yukon Eric
1. I'm thinking it's fairer to go by first come first drafted as a guideline. As folks pick their wrestlers I will update this post with the person's name next to their wrestler to keep tabs.
2. The LOW wrestlers above are all their Black and White versions (unless otherwise noted).
3. The only manager involvement I am honoring is the direct managers involvements that are part of a wrestlers above move sets, for example - Cherie Dupre's involvement on Gorgeous George's card.
4. I will not be creating any feudes or reporting any storylines. The only storylines and backstory in this will be what you choose to create and post between each Sundays matches - if you would like to. If not, thats cool too!!
5. I am thinking of starting this on Sunday 2/11 and I'm planning to post a follow up to this original note a few days before that will provide info as to which territory and association your werestler has been placed in.
6. If there are any questions let me know. If I have to make an on the spot judgement call, I will do so with the best intetests of balance and fair play.
7. All end of season tie breakers (if necessary) as well as all of the rounds of the "wrestleoffs" will be no dq or count out.
7. The Golden Rule is Let's have some fun!
Looking forward to you signing up and all of us seeing where this takes us !
P.S. - In the event I may need to balance the amount of wrestlers in any of the territories to literally even them out - I will add undercard / jobber talent to a given territory.