Ed Whalen makes his way to ringside to greet the crowd and hand out some updates on current situations. Hillbilly Jim is expected to be out for 4-6 weeks, thanks to the heinous actions of Frank Gotch... at which point, an overall wearing, barefoot man came up to Whalen, introducing himself as Cousin Luke, Jim's cousin, and he would be here to get ahold of "that son of a muskrat, Fred Gotch!". At this point, Gotch comes down and security rushes in before anything can get physical. Whalen tells the fans that there is no room on tonight's card, but he will talk to the booking committee about getting it on next weeks show. He also announces that Les Thatcher will return in 2 weeks and has requested a match with the Mountie, who he claims was responsible for the attack that laid him up. Stu Hart's prognosis is still sketchy but with luck and rehab, he may be back as early as 2-3 months. Randy Savage will not be considered for reinstatement until Hart is cleared at 100%. The semi-finals of the CWA Provincial Championships will take place here tonight, as well as the debut of the Love Brothers, Reginald and Hartford, who will battle the RPM's. Jim Powers comes down to ringside and states that "his partner" has seemingly disappeared and he will be looking to find a new partner as he wants revenge on the Love Brothers for what they did. Whalen looks a bit confused for a moment and wishes Jim good luck in replacing "his partner".
1. The Mountie (w/ Sir Oliver Humperdink) def Sam Houston following a Short Choke Slam. A competitive match that saw Sir Oliver distract Sam Houston as he mounted to top rope, allowing the Mountie to shake the ropes, causing poor Sam to split the difference on the top turnbuckle. The Mountie suplexed his hurt foe to the mat and hit the Choke Slam for the win.
2. Frank Gotch def Val Venus with the Gotch Toehold. Another fairly one-sided Gotch match up as he wore down Val and locked him up for the win. Gotch was looking to refuse to release the hold til Cousin Luke came down and ran him off with a bullrope and cowbell to the cheers of the fans.
3. The Love Brothers def the RPM's with a Spike Piledriver. A great, hotly contested match that kept the fans on the edge of their seats. The end came following a 4 man brawl in the ring. While the referee was getting Mike Davis out of the ring, the Love's hit Tommy Lane with the Spike for the win.
4. (Semi-final, Provincial Championship) Whipper Watson def King Kong Bundy by dq after Humperdink is caught tripping Watson as he is coming off the ropes. Watson, not content with the way he won, slams Humperdink into Bundy and dropkicks both men out of the ring. Humperdink talks Bundy out of returning to the ring.
5. (Semi-final, Provincial Championship) William Muldoon def George Hackenschmidt with a Body Lock and Throw in the closing seconds of a 2nd 5 minute overtime. These 2 legends came at each other full on from the opening bell, with neither man able to hold a sustained offense. 9 Pin Tokens later, the 30 minute time limit expired. It was announced that in the semi finals, no draw was possible so there would be an overtime period of 5 minutes and further periods if necessary. I took almost 2 full overtimes, but Muldoon was able to capitalize on a missed turnbuckle charge for the win. The 2 men shook hands afterwards.
6. Bad News Allan def Angelo Poffo with the Ghetto Blaster. A protesting and completely out matched Angelo was lead down to the ring by security, who also led Lanny back up the ramp. Allan basically played with Poffo for several minutes, pulling him up from 3 pin attempts. Finally Allan seemed to get tired of playing and landed 2 back to back Ghetto Blasters before taking the pin.
Ed Whalen returns to ringside to wish the fans a safe week and to announce that Frank Gotch has stated he cannot wrestle Cousin Luke next week as he has a "previous commitment" for another match. He also announces Cousin Luke WILL make his debut next week and is still seeking a match with "Fred" Gotch.