I will put my first card up to see if anyone is interested.
I will be using a mix of the Early classics and the first LOW. Then I will slowly add the Lost and Found wrestlers and the POW Genesis set, then the Special Edition cards of LOW. From that point it will be alternating between LOW and GWF sets. Will only have a set amount of wrestlers during the month, but more may show for the PPV's.
I will be using the Smathis system for the most part. (If anyone wants this let me know as I am not sure it is available in the COTG Promoters section. Had some trouble trying to get stuff from there.)
This will mainly be about the matchs, with some angles here and there. I am nowhere near as good as many others telling a good story, but I hope you guys will be intrigued anyway.
The main titles will be UWF, UWF Tag, and TV Title right now. Eventually I will add the Women's Title. All Title matches except the TV Title will be 2 out of 3 falls.
I will post the current roster and how they fit in the brackets.
The camera opens up with the show and pans around a sold out audience in the arena. The camera then focuses an the man in the ring.
Commissioner Cox: Hello, ladies and gentleman and all the kids here tonight in the crowd. Tonight we start off the new federation of the UWF. This will all be computer generated holographic images into video format of wrestlers from today, past and future. Certain wrestlers have never seen aliens before, so we will be changing some slight code where they will only see a human in front of them, but we will see the actual wrestler. So if Torpor were to fight Frank Gotch, we would see Torpor, but Gotch would only see Torpor as a human.
We have also crowned our champions from a tournament and will be now presenting your champions to you. Up first is our UWF tag team champions …. The ROAD WARRIORS
Animal and Hawk stand on the ramp as the crowd cheers them.
And your UWF Champion …. NICK BOCKWINKEL
The crowd is booing Nick and showing their disapproval.
Commissioner Cox: Give it up for your new champions. We will be bringing along the Women's division as well, but there is no date set as of yet. The champions will probably only be seen on the PPV's and maybe have some matches during the month, but their champions they can do what they want.
We will be seeing some great action and may finally get to see some dream matches and find out just who is the best of all time. We never know what will happen here in the UWF as story turns year after year. So welcome once again. Enough from me, let's get to the matches.
------------------------- BOBO BRAZIL (0-0) vs KILLER KOWALSKI (0-0)
Kowalski came to the ring and was sneering and jawing with the crowd, while Bobo was shaking hands with the fans and high fiving the kids on his way to the ring. The crowd had already picked their favorite in this match.
* Bobo starts the match with a knee lift * Killer suprises him with a stomach claw * The match spills out to the floor … Killer grabs a chair … BAM! Across the head of Bobo and the ref calls for the bell.
Bobo Brazil (0) beats Killer Kowalski (0) by DQ.
Killer then grabs the referee and is holding him up off the floor by the shirt.
Commisioner Cox comes out and says that is not the way the first match should start out. He tells Killer to put the ref down or risk suspension.
Killer then throws the ref to the floor and tells Charlie that he will take the time off. Cox then checks on the ref and Bobo Brazil who is still on the ground holding his head.
Commissioner Cox then says Killer Kowalski is suspended until further notice. The crowd cheers. ---------------------------
TED DIBIASE (0-0) vs. JAMMER (0-0)
Fans were happy to see one of their favorites in the tough as nails Jammer. Many fans were hoping that the rumors were true and that Ted Dibiase would be throwing some cash into the crowd.
That did not happen as Dibiase grabbed the microphone, just laughed and started in at all the poor people in the crowd and told them to work harder and stop living for handouts. He then turned to Jammer and offered him some money asking “What is your price?”
* Jammer just looked at him and leveled him with a punch to the face as the bell rung to start the match. * Ted starts the match by tossing Jammer into ropes … Jammer comes back with a flying shoulder tackle. * Both men brawling out of the ring now … Jammer takes control and tosses Dibiase back in the ring … BAD NIGHT … Dibiase breaks … hip toss … * Dibiase with vertical suplex … MILLION DOLLAR SLEEPER … Jammer fades … he's out.
Ted Dibiase (2) beats Jammer (2) with MILLION DOLLAR SLEEPER
Rock Solid (Screw and Ricken Prince) run to the ring and start laying the boots to Jammer.
Ricken Prince picks up Jammer and BOW TO THE PRINCE … Now Screw does FREAKISH FACE SLAM on Jammer … Screw then tosses Jammer to Dibiase who then does another MILLION DOLLAR SLEEPER and just laughs while continuing to hold.
Refs and other wrestlers try to help but Screw and Prince clear the ring of everyone who tries. Finally Dibiase tosses Jammer out of the ring and gets a microphone.
Dibiase: “From now on I am going to show that money rules and money is power. I have hired Rock Solid and from now on we will be called SOLID MONEY. Do not stand in our way.”
He then tosses the mic down and all three men walk to the back leaving the devastation in and out of the ring.
Charlie Cox comes out once again after everyone is cleared from the ring.
ommissioner Cox: “Alright I have had enough of this crap. This is only the second match tonight and everyone wants to do their own thing. I am not having it. Dibiase … I can't suspend you or Rock Solid as that would put us short on wrestlers and that is not what the crowd would want. So I am going to fine you and you won't get paid until next month. So you will work for me for free and if you have a problem with that just read your contract. You will also be fighting Jammer and two partners of his choosing at the Royal Rumble. And one more thing Dibiase … Rock Solid and yourself will not be getting any title shots for awhile. I will decide when that will happen. If you pull another stunt like this … you're out of here.
COMMANDER SAM (0-0) vs JOHNNY VALIANT (0-0)
* Johnny starts the match with a two-handed choke * Sam with cobra clutch … * Johnny rolls out of the ring … Sam follows and does Sam's Atomic Drop into the ringpost … 8 … 9 … 10! Johnny is counted out
Commander Sam (0) beat Johnny Valiant (0) by countout
PALADIN POWER (0-0) vs GUARDIANS (0-0)
* Omega goes for an armlock on Moonstrike to start the match, but Moonstrike counters with an atomic drop … * Omega goes for a hot tag … made it, but the ref was busy getting Solar Flare out of the ring and did not see it … Morpheus argues with the ref … Flare readies a Titan Drop, Moonstrike with superkick, and Flare finishes the move … Omega is hurt … * Morpheus tosses Moonstrike out of the ring … follows … both men start brawling … Moonstrike wins and tosses Morpheus back in the ring and tags in Flare * Morpheus with TRIP TO HADES (bounce off ropes and powerslam) on Moonstrike … 1 … 2 ...Flare argues with the ref … Guardians double team Moonstrike … Morpheus with TRIP TO HADES on Moonstrike … 1 … 2 … Flare tries to break the pin, Omega tosses him out of the ring … 3!
Guardians (Morpheus 0, Omega 1) beat Paladin Power (Moonstrike 2, Solar Flare 0) -------------------------------- BULLWHIP (0-0) vs GORGEOUS GEORGE (w/Cherie Dupree) (0-0)
Before the match starts Commissioner Cox comes out.
Cox: Because I feel that the crowd has not gotten their money's worth tonight, this match will now be a 4 corners match. The winner will have to drag their opponent to all 4 corners and touch them to win the match. If he cannot then he must start over. Good Luck.
* George starts the match with a headlock takedown * Bullwhip does TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH … Bullwhip does not even get to the first corner. … TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH … again does not get to the first corner * Bullwhip chokes George on the ropes … Cherie rakes Bullwhip's eyes * Gorgeous Grip … Cherie tosses a chair to George and distracts the ref … BAM! * Bullwhip with backbreaker … TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH … Bullwhip makes to the first corner … can't get to the second … choke on ropes and yells at Cherie * George with airplane spin .. Cherie hands George the Georgie pins and he rakes the face of Bullwhip * Bullwhip with Bullwhip Stomp * George with figure four * Bullwhip with Bullwhip Stomp … TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH … touches first corner … stopped … TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH … stopped before the first corner … TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH … first corner touched …. second corner touched … third corner touched … and makes it to the last corner for the win.
Bullwhip (3) beats Gorgeous George (8) with TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH. --------------------------
CORDSAR (0-0) vs BLACKLASH (0-0)
* Cordsar starts the match with a kick to the shin * Blacklash climbs to the top turnbuckle … flying forearm smash … SUNDOWN (falling head butt) … 1 … 2 … thr … kick out! … SUNDOWN … 1 … 2 … 3!
Blacklash (0) beats Cordsar (3) with SUNDOWN.
VALENTINES (0-0) vs FOREIGN LEGION (0-0)
* Sheik starts the match by spitting on Johnny * Johnny tags with Greg … double team is stopped by the ref … Sheik loads boot and attacks Greg from behind … 1 … 2 … Johnny tries to break pin … stopped by Volkoff … 3!
Foreign Legion (Iron Sheik 0, Nikolai Volkoff 0) beat Valentines (Greg Valentine 0, Johnny Valentine 0)
HARLEY RACE (0-0) vs OX BAKER (0-0)
* Ox tries to attack Race before the bell rings * Race moves and vertical suplex ... 1 … 2 … 3! Just like that the match is over.
Harley Race (0) beat Ox Baker (0) with vertical suplex.
Great start here - really like the feel of this fed for a few reasons:
1. I am somewhat familiar with the EC period but have never really followed a fed involving this period. EC is a great set and is too bad it is no longer available. A lot of really good cards in that.
I do have almost all the sets, but decided to do it this way instead as now I can use all the cards at least once. Have not decided yet, but may use some angles from the GWF since I won't really be playing that fed.
2. This fed is extremely vivid in the way you present the action and what we see. Thanks, got the idea from the board, I want to say it was Barfly Mike. Every 5th move is what I use ... kind of like a highlights reel. Only if it is a Finisher move, Double team, or something along those lines I use as well. Suprisingly this works for me and does not really take time away from the matches.
3. Commissioner Cox's no nonsense attitude - just hope nothing happens to him! Not sure what I was going to do with him at first, but he is doing a decent job so far.
4. Frank Gotch - period. Perhaps my favorite line from anyone and totally agree with you. Gotch is the man.
5. The way Dupre kept handing Gorgeous George impliments of destruction in his match - like a nurse assisting a psychotic surgeon. This match turned out to be really good, but besides her distractions, George got his butt handed to him. Both Dorado Sundown members are a tough lot.
Bravo my friend!
Keep it coming!
Thanks Bri. That means a lot. I am glad you are enjoyed the first card, and hope to keep it entertaining. Not sure how often I will post, but at least once a week.
* Gotch starts the match with waistlock takeover and pin … 1 … kick out!
* Torpor into turnbuckle … charges in … big kick * Gotch with GOTCH TOEHOLD … Torpor submits
Frank Gotch (0) beat Torpor (1) with GOTCH TOEHOLD
After the match Buddy Rogers charges the ring and quickly attacks Frank Gotch. Torpor tries to help Rogers, but Rogers tosses him out of the ring. Frank starts the fight back and Rogers leaves the ring.
Gotch then grabs the microphone and challenges Rogers to a match in 2 weeks at the Royal Rumble. ------------------------------
COMMANDER SAM (1-0) vs GORGEOUS GEORGE (w/Cherie Dupree) (0-1)
* George starts the match with a fingernail rake … snap mare … * Sam with forearm smash … Sam's Atomic Drop (atomic drop with head into turnbuckle) … goes for pin … 1 … kick out! … hip toss … Sam's Atomic Drop … 1 … kick out! … body slam on announce table … * Cherie distracts Sam by slapping his face … George attacks from behind * George with SPINNING TOE HOLD … Sam taps out
Gorgeous George (3) beat Commander Sam (1) with SPINNING TOE HOLD
TKO (0-0) vs CROSSCURRENTS (0-0)
* Torin starts the match with armbar on Thetis * Vortex with hip toss on Torin * Torin with Torin Death Lock on Thetis * KO with TEN COUNT (series of punches to body and head) on Thetis … 1 … 2 … kick out! * Torin with CAELUM'S GRIP (cobra clutch) on Thetis … Vortex breaks the hold * All 4 men brawling in the ring now … somehow Crosscurrents come out on top … * KO with another TEN COUNT on Thetis … covers … 1 … Vortex breaks the pin * Torin hits Thetis with a chair shot and tosses him back in the ring * Torin climbs to top turnbuckle … flying cross body … 1 … 2 … Vortex tries to break the pin, but is leveled by KO … 3.
TKO (Torin Caelum 0, KO Keller 0) beat Crosscurrents (Thetis 9, Vortex 0)
------------------------------ UWF Champion Nick Bockwinkel is being interviewed in the ring.
The announcer asks how it feels to be the first ever UWF Champion and mentions all the competition for the title.
Nick laughs and says what competition? There is no one as good as I am. There was never any doubt that I would be the champion and there is no one here that can beat me. So just be happy that I will be your champion until I decide to leave.
At that a masked man jumped the railing and attacked Nick. He beats down Nick and then grabs the microphone.
My name is Santon and we will see just who is better. You or me … and I don't like your chances. He then stomps on Nick's head one more time before leaving. ----------------------------------
BULLWHIP (1-0) vs JOHNNY VALIANT (0-1)
* Bullwhip tosses Johnny into corner … Johnny reverses … Johnny with big kick * Bullwhip into ropes … Dorado Power Drop … TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH (powerslam from top turnbuckle … 1 … 2 … thre … Johnny barely kicks out! ... TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH .. 1 … 2 … thre … again Johnny kicks out! … TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH … 1 … 2 … Bullwhip picks up Johnny off mat. … TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH … 1 … 2 … thre … Johnny kicks out again … Bullwhip is livid and arguing with the ref … forearm chop … TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH … 1 … 2 … 3!
Bullwhip (0) beat Johnny Valiant (4) with TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH ---------------------------------- Cameras go to the back as Frank Gotch and Buddy Rogers are brawling.
The brawl ends with Rogers slamming a trash can on Gotch's head before security and other wrestlers break it up. Rogers then says he accepts the challenge. ----------------------------------
CORDSAR (0-1) vs OX BAKER (0-1)
* Ox starts the match with a boot to midsection, then quickly hits HEART PUNCH for a quick 1 ... 2... 3!
Ox Baker beat Cordsar with HEART PUNCH
GIANT BABA & BUDDY ROSE (0-0) vs ROCK SOLID (w/Ted Dibiase) (0-0)
Ted Dibiase is flashing money to the crowd at laughing at them. He offers the money to Baba, but he shakes his head no. Ted then offers the money to Rose, who accepts it, but Baba gets him to do otherwise. Rose does not take it, but does not seem happy about it.
* Prince tries a snap mare on Baba, but Baba counters into a knee lift … forearm smash * Screw with press slam on Baba out of the ring … Prince distracts ref … Dibiase tosses Baba into the ringpost headfirst … ref starts counting Baba … Baba tries to get in the ring, but Dibiase is holding the leg of Baba and the ref does not see … Baba is counted out.
Rock Solid (Screw 1, Ricken Prince 0) beat Giant Baba (1) and Buddy Rose (0) by countout
Giant Baba starts attacking Dibiase … Screw and Prince attack Baba … Baba is holding his own against all three men … Rose leaves the ring …
Baba is down and is getting stomped by all three men now. Rose climbs back in the ring with a chair and asks Dibiase where his money is … Dibiase gives it to him .. then Rose raises the chair over Baba's head … turns and levels Dibiase … crowd is cheering now … Rose clears the ring of Rock Solid and checks on Baba. -----------------------------------
BLACKLASH (1-0) vs HARLEY RACE (1-0)
* Blacklash starts with running clothesline * Race with a punch to the face … diving headbutt * Blacklash with cross body * Race with swinging neckbreaker … swinging neckbreaker * Blacklash with elbow to face … shoulder breaker * Race with PILEDRIVER … 1 … 2 … 3!
Harley Race (0) beat Blacklash (3) with PILEDRIVER
Ted Dibiase vs Frank Gotch The winner of this match will move up to the Challenger's bracket. With the problems Gotch has been having with Buddy Rogers will he be in a focused state. And will Dibiase continue causing problems for the Commissioner?
Commander Sam vs Bullwhip The Rookie Commander Sam is holding his own so far, but can he continue to be successful against Bullwhip who is undefeated so far?
TKO vs Guardians Two tough teams that will decide who moves up to the contender's bracket for the GWF Tag Team Titles.
Gorgeous George vs Johnny Valiant George fought back to a win against Commander Sam after getting Demolished by Bullwhip the week before. Will Cherie help her man go further up the rankings?
Blacklash vs Cordsar Cordsar is looking for his first win or face dropping to the qualifying brackets, but can he beat the no nonsense Blacklash?
Foreign Legion vs Rock Solid This match would have been to see who will face the Road Warriors at the Royal Rumble, but their actions with Ted Dibiase forced the Commissioner to take them out of the running. Will they look to Foreign Legion for some revenge?
Santon vs Nick Bockwinkel in a non title match Santon made it known he wants a match with Nick Bockwinkel in a strong fashion by attacking him during an interview. Nick quickly accepted. Has Santon bit off more than he can chew?