Superb version one title defense for Evolution (who could wind up being the biggest surprise in this set, imo - really did not see him climbing out of the mid-card)... But, what I REALLY WANT TO KNOW is what happened when regularly scheduled programming went off the air... It looks like Mr Centra was getting ready to VECTOR the VERVE ONE down on the new champ's candy ass!
Post by tigersamurai on Jun 5, 2019 20:11:34 GMT -5
Yes! Great stuff in the more compact format. Saboteur got robbed in spite of hitting the TRIPWIRE outta nowhere! Love the way you played up Tortured Soul's strength. I almost used the bastard sword on the latest Slam in my fed, too. Good to see I'm not the only one wanting to bring that in for the distraction.
Mayhem may get more than he bargained for with Star Slayer. In fact, I'm saying Slayer takes the title!
Evolution makes a huge statement with a gutsy defense. Kudos to him.
Love the Nitro-esque finish to the show! "We're outta time, folks!" Mister Centra vs Evolution will definitely put buts in seats.
CWF #8: Saturday Slam Paradise Palace, Paradise Island
1. In the opening match of the night, Grovel & Cringe defeat Shock Squad via disqualification when Darkest Justice is caught using the Rod of Injustice on Cringe. Once they learn of their fate, Adam Traitor and Darkest Justice beat down the two from Primus.
— CWF #7: Saturday Slam Flashback... Mister Centra comes out and demands a shot at Evolution and the CWF Heavyweight Championship. Evolution says Mister Centra can get a shot... if he can beat the champion first. They both agree and Mister Centra leaves the ring.
2. Mayhem Unleashed is out to defend the Primus Carnage Championship against Star Slayer. After waiting for over five minutes for Star Slayer to come out, the referee eventually calls the match. Mayhem Unleashed defeats Star Slayer via no-show.
3. In the main event, Evolution defeats Minster Centra via pinfall after the Gladiator Piledriver. Evolution starts the match with a series of Decapitators. Centra rolls out of the ring and tries to lure Evolution into a disqualification. Evolution doesn’t fall for Centra’s tricks, but the Vector One Verve is almost the nail in the coffin for the champion. In the end, Evolution comes back with a surprise throwback, the Gladiator Piledriver, for the victory!
— Before the show goes off the air, Adam Blast is backstage. He finds Stay Slayer unconscious on the ground; a pool of blood is present where his head is. Blast analyzes the butt of Star Slayer’s rifle; it’s covered in blood. The show fades out...
CWF #9: Saturday Slam Westland Pavillion, Westland
— Lance At-Las is once again in front of a group of important men, sitting at a posh table. They tell him that three matches a show isn’t working. They want more. They say to go back to five. Lance says he needs more time to fit everything in. They agree to give Saturday Slam fifteen extra minutes if the show runs over an hour.
1. In the opening match, Doomsayer defeats Zealos via pinfall after countering a sunset flip. Both competitors want to win this match and use sheer brutality to gain the upper-hand; however, Doomsayer capitalizes on a mistake that Zealos makes to gain the victory.
2. Command & Control defeat Slaughterhouse via pinfall when Star Slayer goes against Adam Blast’s wishes and uses his rifle with the Apocalypse on Mayhem Unleashed. Blast grabs Star Slayer’s rifle and tosses it out of the ring; he’s obviously very upset. While they argue, Mayhem Unleashed goes to strike Slayer with the Primus Carnage Championship... but he moves and Adam Blast takes the full-impact of the shot.
— Lance At-Las, backstage, states that Mayhem Unleashed will defend the Primus Carnage Championship against Star Slayer at the next CWF PPV, Evolutionary Moment. The fans cheer and chant for Star Slayer. Adam Blast crawls back to his feet and walks away from Star Slayer.
3. After a hard-hitting battle, Lord Nexus defeats Minister of War w/ Magnus the Magnanimous via pinfall after the Apex. MoW and Magnus are irate as Nexus rolls out of the ring and heads to the back... but Total Anarchy runs down and flattens the fan favorite. Anarchy then begins to slam Nexus face-first into the entrance ramp... over and over again.
— Once again, backstage, Lance At-Las speaks to the fans. He says that Evolution needs an opponent at Evolutionary Moment, the second CWF PPV that is obviously named after the champion. He states that Minister of War and Mister Centra tried and couldn’t do it. Lance states that the winner of the next match will get a shot at the CWF Heavyweight Championship.
4. Chaos Supreme w/ Magnus the Magnanimous defeats Oracle via submission with the Bow of Defeat to win a shot at the CWF Heavyweight Championship at Evolutionary Moment. Chaos immediately goes in for the kill, trying to submit the Prophecy leader with the Bow of Defeat. Oracle, shockingly, works his magic outside of the ring and almost puts the bigger man away with the Sixth Sense. However, in the end, Magnus the Magnanimous distracts Oracle... allowing Chaos Supreme to win via Bow of Defeat.
5. In the main event, Fraternity defeat Truth & Consequences via pinfall after the Cosmic Big Bang on Tortured “Cronk Walters” Soul to retain the CWF Tag Team Championship. Agony isn’t fast enough to make the save for the second time. After the match, the Reckoning come out a demand another shot at the titles at Evolutionary Moment. Fraternity agree to put the titles on the line. The show fades out...
CWF #10: Saturday Slam Paradise Palace, Paradise Island
1. Fraternity defeat Grovel & Cringe via pinfall after Centauri plants Cringe with a series of stiff combo punches. Grovel cannot make the save because he is distracted by a fan eating nachos.
— The Reckoning come out and surround the ring. Fans have an uneasy feeling as Doomsayer and Revolver slither into the ring... as if they are about to attack! Shockingly, the Reckoning walk up to Nebula and Centauri and shake their hands. They do say, however, that they look forward to taking the belts at Evolutionary Moment.
2. Mister Centra defeats Oracle w/ Tortured Soul via pinfall after the Vector One Verve. “Cronk Walters” tries to save Oracle after the VOV, but he only makes Oracle eat another one before going down with the loss.
3. Agony w/ Total Anarchy defeats Adam Blast w/ Star Slayer via pinfall with the Eternal Suffering. Blast simply cannot get any offense in and is absolutely overpowered. After the match, Lord Nexus comes out and demands a Titan Death Match with Total Anarchy at Evolutionary Moment; the Prophecy member gladly accepts.
4. Prime Colonizer w/ Magnus the Magnanimous defeats a bloody Lance At-Las via pinfall after the Colonizer Claw Slam. Lance At-Las, looking beyond stressed, cannot get anything going against Prime Colonizer’s brute strength; he fights through being busted open, but the Colonizer Claw Slam is the final touch. After the match, Magnus struts around the commissioner and laughs at the bloody mess he has become.
5. In the main event, the Galactic Rebels and Future Shock match starts and ends in a double disqualification as everyone brawls throughout the arena. In the end, Chaos Supreme tosses Evolution off the entrance ramp... and the champion crashes through the announcers’ table. The show fades out with medical staff rushing to Evolution’s side...