LWF Legacy of Gold 5.29 Ventura and Solie welcome the fans to the show and plug the main event, Malia Hosaka defending the LWF Ladies title against Penny Banner. Ventura announces that a rematch has been signed between Kurt Angle and John Pesek for next week. Solie introduces the first match.
1. Tiger Conway Jr vs. Dutch Savage Conway and Savage trade the advantage back and forth several times. Savage hoists Tiger up and hits the running piledriver for a two count. Savage nails Tiger with a thumb to the throat and hits a belly to back suplex for a two count. Tiger makes a comeback and nails Dutch with a dropkick for a two count. Tiger nails Dutch with a flying head butt for a two count. Tiger hits a belly to belly suplex but Dutch gets his foot on the ropes before the three count. Tiger drills Dutch with another flying head butt but still can’t put him away. Tiger hits the flying head butt one last time for the win.
Winner - Tiger Conway Jr by pinfall
Solie says that was a hard fought match. Ventura introduces the next match.
2. Mildred Burke vs. Judy Martin Burke gets the early advantage. Burke dominates Martin and gets a two count with the Alligator Clutch. Burke wears Martin down with a full nelson and hits the Alligator Clutch a second time for the three count.
Winner - Mildred Burke by pinfall
Ventura says the winner of tonight’s Ladies title match had better watch her back for Mildred Burke. Solie introduces the next match.
3. Johnny Valentine vs. Stan Hansen Valentine and Hansen light each other up with stiff strikes. Valentine gets some momentum going and throws Hansen out of the ring. Hansen and Valentine trade the advantage several times. Valentine chops Hansen in the chest and covers him for a one count. Things get heated as Valentien and Hansen exchange waistlock throws. Valentine bloodies Hansen’s chest with another chop and covers him for a two count. Hansen makes a comeback but can’t hold the momentum. Valentine nails him with an Atomic Skullcrusher for a two count. Hansen makes a comeback and clobbers Valentine with the lariat for a two count. Valentine turns things around and hits a backbreaker for a two count. Valentine drills Hansen with another Atomic Skullcrusher for the win.
Winner - Johnny Valentine by pinfall
Ventura says Valentine may be the hardest hitter in the LWF. Solie introduces the next match.
4. Dick Hutton vs. The Patriot Hutton dominates the Patriot early on, shoving him into the corner and hitting a big overhead suplex. The Patriot makes a comeback and goes to the top rope for a dropkick but Hutton moves out of the way and covers him for a two count. Hutton and the Patriot tumble out of the ring. Hutton and the Patriot battle on the outside until the count reaches nine. The Patriot takes control and goes to the top rope but Hutton moves out of the way again and covers him for a two count. The Patriot makes a comeback and nails Hutton with a clothesline for a two count. The Patriot goes to the top rope and Hutton moves out of the way for the third time. Hutton hooks the leg for the three count.
Winner - Dick Hutton by pinfall
Ventura says the third time was not the charm for the Patriot. Solie introduces the next match, saying the winner would likely receive a shot at the LWF World Heavyweight title soon.
5. William Muldoon vs. Pat Patterson Patterson is the aggressor early on but Muldoon quickly turns things around. Patterson turns things around and hits the Bombs Away but Muldoon easily kicks out. Patterson wears Muldoon down with a figure four and nails him with a foreign object but can only get a two count. Patterson hits two scoop slams for two two counts. Patterson hits the Bombs Away for the win.
Winner - Pat Patterson by pinfall
Ventura says Patterson probably hopes Lou Thesz holds on to the title next week. Solie introduces the main event.
6. Malia Hosaka vs. Penny Banner - LWF Ladies title match Hosaka and Banner have some quick exchanges in the early minutes. Hosaka nails Banner with some karate kicks for a two count. Banner makes a comeback but it’s short lived. Hosaka hits a crotch lift and slam after the rope break. Hosaka hits a dropkick for the win.
Winner - Malia Hosaka by pinfall, her second title defense
LWF Universe 5.29 Ventura and Solie welcome the fans to the show and plug the main event, the rematch between Dick Hutton vs. Ken Shamrock. They also hype Monday’s main event, Lou Thesz vs. Big Van Vader for the LWF world Heavyweight title in a rematch from almost two weeks ago. . 1. Fit Finlay Vs. SD Jones Finlay and Jones grapple back and forth. Finlay gets some momentum going and hits the Tombstone Piledriver for a two count. Jones makes a comeback and nails Finlay with a head butt for a two count. Finlay throws SD Jones out of the ring and is nearly disqualified. Finlay hits the rolling hills and puts the boots to Jones. Finlay hits a brutal short arm clothesline and covers Jones but Jones kicks out! Finlay hits the tombstone piledriver for the win.
Winner - Fit Finlay by pinfall
Solie says Finlay is a rough customer. Ventura introduces the next match.
2. Antonino Rocca vs. David Taylor Rocca frustrates Taylor by slapping him in the face with his feet. Rocca wears Taylor down with a body scissors and hoists him up in the Argentine Backbreaker. Taylor is able to escape the hold. Rocca hits a flying head scissors and covers Taylor for the win.
Winner - Antonino Rocca by pinfall
Ventura reminds the audience that Antonino Rocca is the only person in the LWF that has a win over Lou Thesz other than Vader. Solie says he’ll be glad to see Rocca in the main event and introduces the next match.
3. Tina Moretti vs. Melina Melina takes control at the bell and clobbers Moretti in the corner. Melina hits two Last Calls but can’t put Moretti away. Melina and Moretti tumble out of the ring and Moretti lands on top. Moretti goes on the attack and hits the jumping facebuster for the win.
Winner - Tina Moretti by pinfall
Ventura says Moretti has spunk. Solie introduces the main event.
4. Dick Hutton vs. Ken Shamrock Hutton and Shamrock battle into a corner at the bell. Hutton suplexes Shamrock out the corner and locks on the abdominal stretch but Shamrock escapes the hold. Hutton wears Shamrock down with the cowboy backbreaker. Shamrock makes a comeback and hits the flying hip attack for a two count. Hutton gains control and throws Shamrock out of the ring. Shamrock is limping when he crawls back in. Hutton locks on the abdominal stretch and Shamrock taps out.
LWF Legacy of Gold 5.30 Ventura and Solie welcome the fans to the show and plug the main event, the rematch between Lou Thesz and Big Van Vader for the LWF World Heavyweight title. Ventura tells Solie he hopes they have a bigger belt ready for Vader. Solie says they’ve received a notice from Frank Gotch that talent evaluations are ongoing. Ventura shakes his head and introduces the first match.
1. Tommy Gilbert vs. George Tragos Gilbert and Tragos battle back and forth. Gilbert and Tragos tumble out of the ring and Tragos is nearly counted out. Gilbert and Tragos battle back and forth. Tragos gets some momentum going but Gilbert shuts him down and hits the running knee lift for the win.
Winner - Tommy Gilbert by pinfall
Ventura says Gilbert doesn’t back down from anyone. Solie introduces the next match.
2. Jazz vs. Joyce Grable Jazz overpowers Grable at the bell. Grable turns things around and hits a dropkick for a two count. Jazz makes a comeback and hits a sit-out power slam for a two count. Jazz hits a double underhook suplex for a near fall. Jazz goes for a spear but Grable leap frogs her and Jazz tumbles out of the ring. Grable pulls Jazz back into the ring by the hair to keep her from getting counted out. Grable hits a middle rope dropkick but it’s not enough to put Jazz away. Jazz and Grable battle back and forth. Jazz gets some momentum going and hits the electric chair facebuster for a two count. Jazz locks on the STF but Grable is able to reach the ropes. Jazz transitions into the Bitch Clamp but Grable fights her way out of the hold. Jazz locks on Southern Comfort and Grable taps out.
Winner - Jazz by submission
Solie says he wouldn’t want to tangle with Jazz. Ventura says Jazz would break him in half and introduces the next match.
3. Bob Roop vs. Mike DiBiase Roop and DiBiase grapple back and forth. Roop gets the advantage and hits a shoulder breaker for a two count. Roop gets a near fall with a suplex and hits the shoulder breaker a second time but can’t keep DiBiase down for the three count. Roop hits a guillotine leg drop for the win.
Winner - Bob Roop by pinfall
Ventura puts over Bob Roop and says he’d like to see him wrestle the winner of the next match. Solie introduces the next match.
4. Kurt Angle vs. John Pesek Pesek goes to work on Angle and wears him down with the double bar hammerlock. Angle and Pesek grapple back and forth. Pesek takes Angle down but wastes time trying to humiliate him with grinding forearms to the face. Angle nails Pesek with a German Suplex but can’t cover him. Pesek turns things around and locks on the scissors and wristlock but Angle escapes the hold. Pesek hits a fireman’s carry slam for a two count. Pesek locks on the Tiger Man toehold. Angle taps out.
Winner - John Pesek by submission
Ventura says if Pesek can keep from getting disqualified, he could easily win the LWF World Heavyweight title. Solie introduces the next match.
5. Fabulous Moolah vs. Nora Greenwald Moolah and Greenwald battle back and forth. Moolah drills Greenwald with a head butt and hits the Jackknife Cradle for the win.
Winner - Fabulous Moolah by pinfall
Ventura says Moolah is a dangerous woman. Solie introduces the main event.
6. Lou Thesz vs. Vader - LWF World Heavyweight title match Vader mauls Thesz at the bell. Thesz hits a dropkick for a two count. Thesz wears Vader down with the STF. Vader makes a comeback but Thesz shuts him down and hits the Greco Roman Backdrop for a two count. Thesz and Vader tumble out of the ring and Vader lands on top. Vader gets in a few stiff shots and rolls Thesz back into the ring before he’s counted out. Vader hits a Vader Bomb for a two count. Thesz makes a comeback and pelts Vader with dropkicks. Thesz forces Vader into a corner and hits a forearm shot, knocking Vader loopy. Thesz nails Vader with a dropkick for a two count. Thesz locks on the double wristlock and Vader taps out.
Winner - Lou Thesz by submission, his sixth title defense
And now I'm on hiatus until the new Ladies set drops. I'm a couple cards ahead of this but this feels like the best stopping point. I didn't expect Thesz to hang on to the belt.