OWL Episode 17 04.19.2116 from Deimos Interplanetary Sports Arena
- In the ring... - The OWL portion of the show opened with former OMEGA trainer Elektra in the ring. She said she was tired of working on "weak trash" like Dallas week after week, while "a goddess" like herself went unrecognized and unappreciated. Unsurprisingly, her words brought Dallas out to the ring (wearing a knee brace) and a fight broke out. OMEGA Commissioner Jack Diamond was quick to race out (to a smattering of boos from the pro-OWL segment of the audience), calling for a referee and turning the fight into a match.
- Grudge Match - Dallas vs. Elektra Dallas defeated Elektra with a STF at 2:46 Match Rating: 0.00 Match Notes: Despite her lingering knee injury, Dallas managed to hold off the assault of Elektra, at one point taking things to the floor and clotheslining Elektra with an electrical cable, drawing a stern warning from the referee. Elektra was never the same after the illegal move, and ultimately had to submit to an STF by Dallas.
- In the back... - Between matches, a cameraman was dispatched to Nova's dressing room, which was in complete disarray, with the fourth-generation superstar laying unconscious in the middle of the room. The camera panned to the mirror, on which someone had written--in dark red lipstick--"I'm here!"
Before long, Nova's partner Billie Jayne Boxer had received word of what happened and arrived on the scene, along with Commissioner Diamond and a handful of medics. The Commissioner promised to get to the bottom of things, and to find a "suitable replacement" for Boxer's tag team match later in the card.
- Triple Threat Match - Ambrosia vs. Bastet vs. Leviathan Bastet defeated Ambrosia with a SAVAGE FACE CLAW Match Rating: 0.50 Match Notes: In the opening exchange, Ambrosia and Bastet teamed up on the larger Leviathan, sending her through the turnbuckles and shoulder-first into the ring post. This proved to be a tactical mistake for Ambrosia, as Bastet immediately calmed on her SAVAGE FACE CLAW, and with no one to save her, Ambrosia was forced to submit. By virtue of the win, Bastet became the number one contender to the OWL Title.
- In the ring... - Prior to the main event, OMEGA Commissioner Jack Diamond came to the ring with a newcomer to the OWL. He introduced the young lady, dressed in a singlet with a heart motif, as his daughter, Heart, and announced that she would be taking Nova's place in the main event. This announcement was greeted with a number of boos and jeers from the crowd.
- Tag Team Match - Billie Jayne Boxer and Heart vs. The Valkyries Heat defeated Billie Jayne Boxer with a count out at 6:43 Match Rating: 0.00 Match Notes: Despite a valiant effort by Billie Jayne Boxer, she could not overcome the burden of teaming with the rookie Heart. Heart's over exuberance led the referee to restrain the rookie on several occasions, allowing Heat and Strike to double team Boxer. In the end, a spike GLADIATOR PILEDRIVER on the floor was too much for Boxer to overcome, and she wound up getting counted out.
Overall Card Rating: 0.17
Last Edit: Aug 12, 2018 14:10:22 GMT -5 by Deleted
And just like that, the OWL has another third-generation grappler in its midst. HEART (5'5", 136 lbs., Callisto Colony) is the daughter of OMEGA Commissioner Jack Diamond (FKA Jack of Diamonds), and therefore the granddaughter of the legendary Exo-King. She is a true rookie, having only recently competed in her first match, and prone to the mistakes all rookies make. The fans have not taken to her yet, thinking her sudden appearance in the main event scene reeks of nepotism. Can she win them over with her guts, ability, and...well...heart?
Heart borrows from both her father and grandfather in the ring. Her finisher is the BLACK DIAMOND, a flying elbow strike to a standing opponent used by her father for so many years, and she comes to the ring to her grandfather's old theme music: The Great Gate at Kiev by Modest Mussorgsky (cagey fans will recognize this as Jerry Lawler's WWE theme music).
Last Edit: Aug 12, 2018 11:33:52 GMT -5 by Deleted
OWL Episode 18 05.14.2116 from Deimos Interplanetary Sports Arena
- Tag Team Match - Billie Jayne Boxer and Heart vs. Bastet and Leviathan Heart defeated Bastet with a roll-up at 1:51 Match Rating: 0.00 Match Notes: Blink and you missed this match, which saw Heart (still substituting for the injured Nova) roll through a flying cross body block by Bastet, hooking her leg and making the cover for the 1-2-3.
- In the ring... - After the match was over, the crowd booed Heart fairly loudly. Bastet and Leviathan walked out on her offered handshake, and even her partner refused to celebrate the win, simply shaking her head and walking back up the aisle with their opponents. Heart was left in the ring alone, hurt, and confused.
- Tag Team Mach - Absolution vs. The Queendom Ecstasy defeated Lacrimosa with a flying cross body block at 9:45 Match Rating: 1.50 Match Notes: What started as a sporting match between two allied (albeit villainous) teams turned very ugly very quickly when Ambrosia lost her cool and slapped OWL Champion Agony across the face. This lit a fire under the Queendom, and propelled them to victory when Ecstasy pinned Lacrimosa with a flying body press.
- Grudge Match - Dallas vs. Elektra Dallas defeated Elektra with a STF at 1:33 Match Rating: 0.50 Match Notes: Elektra managed to kick out after a quick LARIAT, but it left her weakened and easy prey for Dallas' STF, which forced her to submit.
OWL Episode 19 05.23.2116 from Deimos Interplanetary Sports Arena
- In the aisle... - The crowd exploded as Legacy came out for their match, and the returning Nova was alongside her partner. The cheers quickly turned to boos when Heart emerged from behind the curtain, accompanying Legacy to the ring.
- Tag Team Match - Absolution vs. Legacy Ambrosia defeated Billie Jayne Boxer with a POWERSAULT at 6:57 Match Rating: 1.50 Match Notes: This was a back and forth match-up in the early minutes, though it was not too long before Absolution managed to tie up Billie Jayne Boxer in their half of the ring. At one point, Boxer was locked in Lacrimosa's EXSANGUINATION and tapped out, but the referee was distracted by Heart, and did not see the submission. Weakened by the hold, Boxer was easy prey for a POWERSAULT by Ambrosia and a pinfall.
- In the ring... - After the match was over, Heart rolled into the ring and offered a hand to Boxer, hoping to help her to her feet. Boxer slapped her hand away and got up under her own power, while Nova shoved Heart to the mat. The Legacy team left the ring together, leaving Heart on the canvas with jeers raining down on her.
- Also in the ring... - As Heart made her dejected way to the back, Elektra stormed out to the ring and demanded the microphone. She claimed that Dallas had only beaten her (in back to back matches) because she wasn't ready, and she demanded a rematch right then and there! Hardcore Country erupted from the speakers and Dallas emerged from the back, all too eager to fight Elektra one more time.
- Grudge Match - Dallas vs. Elektra Dallas defeated Elektra with a flapjack at 8:00 Match Rating: 1.50 Match Notes: Elektra showed a little more game in this match, working over Dallas' injured knee and trying to force a submission with a single-leg crab. Dallas fought her way to the ropes, however, and soon turned the tide, laying into her opponent with forearms, kicks, and a huge LARIAT. Though Elektra managed to kick out after Dallas' Finisher (for the second time!), the cowgirl immediately whipped her into the ropes and put her away with a flapjack.
- In the ring...mostly... - After the match was over, a tearful and frustrated Elektra picked herself up and motioned for the microphone. She apologized to Dallas, admitting that she was the better woman and offering her a hug. As Dallas approached, Elektra suddenly laid her out with a clothesline. Already weary from the match, Dallas was nearly helpless as Elektra threw her out of the ring, pressed her head into the metal announce table, and unloaded with her COSMIC FORCE! The energy arced from Dallas head to the table and back, causing the monitors to short circuit and explode in sparks. When Elektra released the hold, Dallas slumped to the floor, unconscious, and the villain made her way to the back as OMEGA medical personnel tended to Dallas.
- Tag Team Match - Leviathan and Bastet vs. The Valkyries Bastet defeated Heat with a savate kick at 4:21 Match Rating: 0.00 Match Notes: Not much to see here. The match was sloppy and consisted of little more than wild punches being thrown by everyone. In the end, Bastet mixed it up with a savate kick on Heat, rolling her up for the pinfall.
OWL Episode 20 06.10.2116 from Deimos Interplanetary Sports Arena
- In the ring... - Amber made her return from injury--again--to take on Ambrosia, receiving a raucous ovation from the crowd. When she made it to the ring, however, it soon became apparent that Lacrimosa was not going anywhere. The members of Absolution slowly circled Amber and it seemed like she was about to make her way onto the injured list for the third time...until a pretty brunette in sporty clothes and with feathers woven into her hair vaulted over the ringside barricade, slid into the ring, and joined Amber in taking the fight to Absolution. OMEGA Commissioner Jack Diamond raced down (to an overwhelming chorus of boos) to break up the brawl. He introduced the crowd to the newest member of the OWL roster--Velvet--and sanctioned a tag team match immediately.
- Tag Team Match - Absolution vs. The A-List Lacrimosa defeated Amber with an EXSANGUINATION at 6:40 Match Rating: 1.50 Match Notes: Amber and Velvet--the A-List--did not get off to an auspicious start. Amber was quickly isolated in Absolution's corner, battered and bloodied before being caught in Lacrimosa's EXSANGUINATION. Velvet raced over to make the save, but was speared out of her designer boots by Ambrosia and Amber had no choice other than submitting.
- In the ring... - Heart made her way out to the ring, looking sad and confused as the crowd rained down boos, jeers, and catcalls on her. She asked for the ring announcer's microphone and stammered for a bit, clearly taken aback by the response she received. Eventually, she was able to squeak out a challenge to Elektra, saying that she would step up to avenge her friend Dallas, even if no one else would. And she added that she wanted that match right here and now! Elektra sauntered to the ring in response, clearly eager to take on the unpopular Heart.
Elektra vs. Heart Heart defeated Elektra with a count out at 2:08 Match Rating: 0.00 Match Notes: Elektra came out of the gates strong...then stalled, absorbing a battery of suplexes before washing her hands of the match, rolling out of the ring, and walking to the back, taking the voluntary count out.
Agony vs. Bastet for the OWL Championship Agony defeated Bastet with a corkscrew moonsault at 5:39 Match Rating: 2.50 Match Notes: Ecstasy accompanied her teammate to ringside for this match, though her presence proved to be utterly superfluous. Agony poured on the offense right from the opening bell and never let up, tossing Bastet around the ring and finally scoring the pinfall with a breathtaking corkscrew moonsault.
The latest superstar to enter the OMEGA Wrestling League, and the newest member of the A-List, is the lovely heiress VELVET (5'6", 118 lbs., Callisto Colony). Her family made a fortune in perfecting and producing skin care products, so it's little wonder that she found a natural home in the OWL alongside Amber, herself a paragon of fashion and social gadfly. The two have been friends for many years, and even trained together to become wrestlers, though Velvet's family duties came first. When she saw Amber getting repeatedly double-teamed and injured, Velvet knew it was time for her to put aside the family business (she worked largely as a model for their cosmetics) and join her friend in the OWL.
Velvet comes to the ring to Angel on My Shoulder, just like her partner. Her finishing move is called the FACE LIFT: with an opponent face down on the mat, Velvet grabs both of the opponent's wrists, lifts her off the mat, steps on the back of her head, and drives her face-first into the mat with a savage curb stomp. Make no mistake: the A-List may be popular with the fans (for now, anyway), but they are the very definition of Mean Girls.
OWL Episode 21 06.27.2116 from Deimos Interplanetary Sports Arena
- Tag Team Match - Bastet and Leviathan vs. The A-List Leviathan defeated Amber with a DQ at 19:14 Match Rating: 2.00 Match Notes: In a friendly match that quickly turned heated, then violent, then bloody, the A-List was disqualified against Bastet & Leviathan when Amber delivered a pile driver to a bloody Leviathan on the ringside steps.
Heart vs. Lacrimosa Heart defeated Lacrimosa with a BLACK DIAMOND at 17:08 Match Rating: 2.00 Match Notes: Prior to this match, the ring announcer indicated that Ambrosia would be barred from ringside, drawing a huge amount of hostility from the crowd. The match itself was a back-and-forth affair that ultimately saw Heart pin her opponent after a BLACK DIAMOND.
- In the ring... - After her victory (which generated an unprecedented level of heat from the crowd), Heart waited in the ring for Billie Jayne Boxer and Nova, who were scheduled to compete next. They made their way to the ring, eyeing Heart with contempt, but finally getting in the ring. Heart reached for for the ring announcer's microphone, and finally asked Boxer and Nova what they had against her.
Seizing the microphone, Nova answered with the same thoughts that had been on the minds of the entire audience. "It's one thing to come traipsing in here on your daddy's coattails and jump right into the main event scene. Billie and I probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for our families, so that's fine. But I find it incredibly convenient that you show up at the exact same time that those videos started appearing, saying someone was coming for me, and that you just so happened to be in the building and available the day I got attacked! I think--we all think--you're the stalker!"
Heart protested her innocence, but Nova went on. "You can deny it all you want--but I've got an open contract for July 26th, and if you have the nerve, show up to the ring and I'll beat a confession out of you!" With that, Nova slammed the microphone into Heart's chest and began preparing for her tag team match as Heart marched slowly to the locker room, showered with boos.
- Tag Team Match - Legacy vs. The Valkyries Strike defeated Billie Jayne Boxer with a guillotine choke at 6:28 Match Rating: 0.50 Match Notes: The Legacy team was clearly distracted as this match began, and theValkyries took full advantage of them. Strike and Heat beat Nova and Boxer from pillar to post until Strike finally caught Boxer in a guillotine choke and forced the submission.