OWL Episode 26 09.13.2116 from Deimos Interplanetary Sports Arena
Ecstasy vs. Leviathan Leviathan defeated Ecstasy with a clothesline at 3:12 Match Rating: 1.00 Match Notes: Not to be outdone by newcomer Velar, Leviathan reminded the OWL fans that she was still a threat by dismantling Ecstasy and scoring the pinfall after a thunderous clothesline.
- Tag Team Match - Absolution vs. Legacy Nova defeated Lacrimosa with a STELLAR CONVERTER at 5:44 Match Rating: 0.50 Match Notes: This match was definitely one to keep the crowd happy. Lacrimosa and Ambrosia could not get on the same page, getting in each other's way constantly and eventually getting their heads rammed together by Billie Jayne Boxer. Absolution finally managed to turn things around, and Lacrimosa was holding Nova by the arms as Ambrosia charged with a Yakuza Kick, but Nova broke free and Ambrosia laid out her own partner! Boxer tackled Ambrosia and the two of them tumbled out of the ring, while Nova leaped to the top turnbuckle, hitting a STELLAR CONVERTER on Lacrimosa for the 1-2-3.
Elektra vs. Heart Heart defeated Elektra with a BLACK DIAMOND at 17:23 Match Rating: 3.00 Match Notes: Elektra came for a fight in this match, and no mistake. She began breaking down Heart (who was receiving cheers from the crowd for the first time in her OWL career), planting her with a DDT and grabbing her head for the COSMIC FORCE, but Heart managed to wriggle to the ropes before her opponent could build up her energy reserve.
The two ladies exchanged the advantage several times before Elektra slid outside the ring to avoid a pinfall after a big move by Heart, who took that opportunity to climb to the top rope. When her staggered opponent climbed back into the ring, Heart was ready for her: one BLACK DIAMOND later and the match was history.
- In the aisle... - As Heart made her way to the back, she was intercepted midway up the aisle by Nova and Billie Jane Boxer. Heart stepped back, putting her fists up, but Nova approached first and gave her a tight hug, offering an apology for misjudging her. Boxer was quick to follow suit, then each member of Legacy grabbed one of Heart's wrists and held her hands up in victory. The crowd went wild for this endorsement, loudly cheering for all three ladies.
- Tag Team Match - The A-List vs. The Valkyries for the OWL Tag Team Championship Amber defeated Heat with a dragon sleeper at 25:13 Match Rating: 4.50 Match Notes: This wasn't a wrestling match so much as a war, as the Valkyries finally received the tag team title shot they've felt they deserved since the titles were introduced. The referee could not control the action, and wound up letting all four ladies batter one another in the ring, declining to call for the DQ given the high stakes of the match.
Eventually, things settled down, but by that time both Valkyries were bleeding from the forehead, and blood was trickling from Velvet's perfect nose. Amber and Strike went to work on one another, with neither gaining an edge and ultimately tagging in their partners. This worked against the Valkyries, as Velvet was fired up due to her broken nose. She tackled Heat to the mat and laid into her with punches, opening up an even deeper cut on the Aethran's forehead.
Heat managed to create some separation and pulled herself to her feet using the ropes, but Velvet slid out to the floor, tripped her opponent, and drove her ankle into the ring post. Twice. Velvet tagged her partner in as Heat howled in pain, and Amber stomped on her ankle. Velvet raced across the ring and blasted Strike with a forearm, while Amber applied a dragon sleeper on Heat. Between the blood, the ankle injury, and the near-choke of the hold, the Aethran could take no more and was forced to tap out.
Agony vs. Velar for the OWL Championship Velar defeated Agony with a HAMMERLOCK SLAM at 12:41 Match Rating: 2.50 Match Notes: Velar finally ran into some real opposition in the form of OWL Champion Agony. The champion started slowly, working over Velar's neck with side headlocks and front facelocks, softening her up for the TORTURE LOCK later. A suplex and DDT later saw Velar in real trouble, then Agony set her opponent up for a piledriver...but Velar powered out of it, falling onto her back and covering Agony for a long two-count.
The champion barely kicked out, but she had the wind knocked out of her, and that was all that Velar needed. She put on a textbook display of offense that culminated in a power slam--but Velar picked the champion up off the mat at two! Hauling Agony to her feet, Velar clamped on a hammerlock and launched Agony backwards into a HAMMERLOCK SLAM. Velar maintained a perfect neck bridge and the weakened champion was unable to kick out.
Velar won the OWL Championship
Overall Card Rating: 2.30
Last Edit: Aug 17, 2018 18:45:22 GMT -5 by Deleted
OWL Episode 27 09.30.2116 from Deimos Interplanetary Sports Arena
- In the ring... - Velar "the Great" opened up the OWL portion the show by celebrating her championship win and making an ominous prediction: "We are taking over!" Before she could expand on her bold comment, she was interrupted in turn by Heart, then Leviathan, and finally Dallas (making her return from injury). Each woman claimed that she was the rightful number one contender to Velar's newly-won title.
Thinking quickly, Velar began to sow seeds of dissension between the three women, asking Leviathan how should would feel getting passed over--again--for someone who's been on the disabled list for months, and suggesting to Dallas that she didn't have a chance getting a title shot so long as "daddy's little girl" was in the picture. Before long, heated words were being exchanged, and Velar goaded them into settling their differences in a Triple Threat Match on the very next show.
Ambrosia vs. Heart Heart defeated Ambrosia with a BLACK DIAMOND at 8:00 Match Rating: 1.50 Match Notes: Prior to this match, OMEGA Commissioner Jack Diamond announced that Lacrimosa would be banned from ringside. The obviously biased decision drew overwhelming boos from the OWL faithful, though they still cheered for Heart as she made her sheepish way to the ring. Her partner's absence clearly threw Ambrosia off, as she lagged a step behind Heart at every turn, and a Hot Shot left her staggered and susceptible to the BLACK DIAMOND.
- Tag Team Match - Legacy vs. The Valkyries Heat defeated Billie Jayne Boxer with an overhand right at 10:13 Match Rating: 1.00 Match Notes: Obviously in a foul mood after their humiliating loss on the last show, the Valkyries came out for a fight, and while Legacy tried to give them one, there was only so much they could do against two angry Aethrans. Heat--who had submitted in the previous match--was particularly fired up, standing toe-to-toe with Billy Jayne Boxer and ultimately dimming her lights with a powerful right hand that left Boxer easy prey for a pinfall.
Elektra vs. Leviathan Leviathan defeated Elektra with an OVERFLOW at 2:58 Match Rating: 0.10 Match Notes: Elektra's quest to build a little momentum died on the vine as she ran into the juggernaut known as Leviathan. The larger woman tossed Elektra around the ring like a rag doll, and finally picked up the merciful win after an OVERFLOW.
- In the ring... - After the match was over, Dallas came tearing down the ring to seek some payback against Elektra for putting her on the shelf with her COSMIC FORCE. To get to the fallen Elektra, she had shove Leviathan out of the way, and --unamused--she shoved back. Elektra managed to slither out of the ring and escape through the crowd while Dallas and Leviathan exchanged heated words in the ring.
Velar vs. Agony for the OWL Championship This match ended in a draw (double DQ) at 8:41 Match Rating: 2.00 Match Notes: This started out as a very competitive match, though bit by bit, Velar began to wear down the former champion. Seeing her partner in trouble, Ecstasy (who had accompanied Agony to the ring) climbed onto the apron. Before she could interfere, the crowd went ballistic as the GWF's Shann-ra and She-Devil came tearing down the aisle. The GWF contingent entered the ring at the same time and attacked their counterparts. The five-way brawl forced the referee to throw out the match, and the double-disqualification meant that Velar retained the OWL Championship.
Overall Card Rating: 1.15
Last Edit: Aug 17, 2018 18:46:08 GMT -5 by Deleted