Well, it was only a matter of time before more GWF stars saw themselves looking at OWL as another arena to assert their dominance. The latest entries to the field are SHE-DEVIL (5'5", 116 lbs., Lunar Colony) and SHANN-RA (5'2", 121 lbs., Triton Colony), collectively known as The Originals. As a tag team, they will come to the ring to Welcome to the Jungle by Guns 'n' Roses, and they seek to duplicate Velar's success in the tag team division.
Shann-ra's finisher is the MACHETE, a wicked Northern Lariat that blindsides a staggered opponent. She-Devil uses a flying senton splash known as the FALLEN ANGEL to put away her opponents. Can these two match--or exceed--their performance in the GWF, or will the ladies of the OWL prove to be too much for them?
OWL Episode 28 10.07.2116 from Deimos Interplanetary Sports Arena
- In the ring... - The OWL segment of the show opened with OMEGA Commissioner Jack Diamond in the ring alongside his daughter, Heart, who looked mortified. Commissioner Diamond, receiving louder and louder boos from the pro-OWL crowd every time he opened his mouth, finally managed to announce that he was about to name the number one contender to Velar's OWL Title, and it was obvious to everyone he was about to give the title shot to his daughter, and the crowd was livid. Before he could name anyone as anything, a vaguely familiar voice sounded over the loudspeaker. "Not so fast, Jack..."
As one, the crowd turned towards the entryway, and erupted when former GWF Women's Champion Anaxis emerged, microphone in hand, and strode down the aisle to the ring. Ever the gentleman despite his unpopularity (though only among OWL fans--OMEGA supporters still thought very highly of him), Commissioner Diamond held the ropes open for Anaxis, who was wearing a business suit instead of wrestling gear. She paused to acknowledge the crowd's cheers, then got right to business.
Anaxis announced that due to some...unfortunate decisions, the OWL Championship committee had ruled that a neutral party was needed to oversee the women's league, and they had selected her! Commissioner Anaxis went on to declare that the winner of the OWL event--a Triple Threat Match between Dallas, Heart, and Leviathan, would go on to face Velar at Starrcade. With that, Anaxis left the ring, leaving a stunned Jack Diamond and a relieved Heart behind.
- Tag Team Match - Absolution vs. The Valkyries Ambrosia defeated Strike with a POWERSAULT at 5:37 Match Rating: 1.00 Match Notes: The Valkyries continued to struggle, this time stubbing their collective toes on Absolution. Ambrosia and Lacrimosa dominated the match, and Absolution picked up the win when Ambrosia pinned Strike with her POWERSAULT.
- Non-Title Match - Velar vs. Ecstasy Ecstasy defeated Velar with a DQ at 4:07 Match Rating: 1.50 Match Notes: Agony accompanied her Queendom partner to ringside for this match, while Shann-ra and She-Devil were in the champion's corner. The match was contested fairly for about three minutes, though Velar was clearly dominant. Ecstasy managed a comeback and actually leveled the champion with her HEARTBREAKER, but before she could make the cover, the Originals grabbed her legs, hauled her out to the floor, and began laying into her with punches and kicks. As soon as the referee called for the disqualification, Agony slid into the ring and jumped Velar from behind, bearing her to the ground and laying into her with hammer fists.
- In the ring... - With things completely out of control, Commissioner Anaxis led a squad of OMEGA security personnel to the ring, and the black shirt squad quickly separated all five combatants. The com!missioner called for the house microphone and declared that she had seen enough. From this point on, wrestlers would not be allowed to accompany other wrestlers to the ring for their matches, Furthermore, she announced that the Queendom would be taking on the Originals in a tag team match at Starrcade! The crowd went wild for both announcements, and one by one, the brawling wrestlers were escorted from the ring and out of the building.
- Triple Threat Match - Dallas vs. Heart vs. Leviathan Dallas defeated Heart with a tornado DDT at 20:00 Match Rating: 3.00 Match Notes: The action was too quick to call in this match, as all three women tore into each other and every pinfall was broken up before the referee could reach three. The highlight of the match came at the fifteen-minute mark, when Heart was lying dazed on the arena floor and Leviathan hoisted Dallas up for her OVERFLOW. The Lunar cowgirl wriggled free and wrapped Leviathan up with a backslide. The referee counted two, and was about to reach three when Heart came out of nowhere with a flying elbow to break up the count. Eventually, Heart and Dallas teamed up on the gargantuan Leviathan, pulling her out to the arena floor and driving her into the ringpost, apparently knocking her out. At that point, it dissolved into a one-on-one match; Heart wiped Dallas out with a BLACK DIAMOND, but only secured a two-count. She hauled Dallas to her feet, only to eat a boot to the midsection and a tornado DDT. Leviathan was still out cold, so there was no one to make the save as the referee counted three.
Overall Card Rating: 1.83
Last Edit: Sept 15, 2018 19:07:08 GMT -5 by Deleted
No one can really blame OMEGA Commissioner Jack Diamond for thrusting his daughter into the spotlight. It's a long-standing tradition in professional wrestling, going back to Bill and Erik Watts (and probably even before then). But when his biased rulings began to damage the OWL's brand, the Championship Committee (and, more importantly, the OMEGA corporate bigwigs) decided that a neutral party was needed to govern the OMEGA Wrestling League. Former GWF Women's Champion Anaxis was the perfect choice, even with other GWF wrestlers showing up in the OWL, because, in her words, "I hate everyone equally."
Anaxis has been given the mission of cleaning up the OWL--cracking down on security, issuing suspensions when necessary, assuring that regular challengers to the titles are established (allowing for more big-money title matches)...plus she has a few ideas of her own that may raise some eyebrows.
If Anaxis has a weakness, it's that she remains confrontational. When someone stands up to her based on one of her rulings, she might be provoked into rash action--giving a wrestler a chance to avoid a suspension if she can win a handicap match, for example. For all that, she has no intentions of stepping into the ring herself, possibly making her the only wrestling commissioner in history to do so.
Yeah, I was sure this was going to go Leviathan's way, and Heart has been on an incredible winning streak, but Dallas came out of nowhere to win it. It will be interesting to see how she matches up against Velar.